Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Kobold

rollback is not an option, I love how far this class has come. I'll mess around and take some notes tonight with this recent bug.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Orc

The two most critical bugs that seem to have appeared as of last patch are the mana and endurance bars bouncing from 0 to full and everywhere in between whenever you sing a song and the songs randomly not casting.

The cast timer goes off, and the song looks like it:s casting, then nothing ever happens when it finishes. You then have to recast the song again to get the effect. This pretty much makes twisting impossible as well as being dangerous when it happens on songs like mez and charm.

There:s also the everlasting lack of a missed note message which isn:t so much of a pain as much as an annoyance.

The first two 2 of those bugs were introduced as of last patch.

As far as reproducibility goes...I can:t seem to find any rhythm to the errors, except that they happen almost every other or third cast. As of level 7, the errors happen with every single song that I have learned to date.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Developer

I think I know what I did with the duration of songs, and how to fix.

I think I know what I did with the mana going up and down, and how to fix.

Now my fixes on these two may not be perfect. Mainly because I don't have hours to test.

The specifics of what I need for bugs"

1. Description of the bug.
2. How do I make the bug happen. Specifics, like spells to use, situations, ie in combat taking hits. Things like this.
3. How it should work.

I don't have the time to explore all the details about how to play every class. So the more detailed the better.

Thanks,

Haynar
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Developer

One of the things I worked on for the last patch, there were 4 different interrupt song methods happening to songs. This is why there were 4 different song ends messages. They all originated by different mechanisms. So I am working on getting those sorted out, so the right one happens at the right time. These are I believe some of the causes of the other bard problems, because songs aren't ending the right way.

So one of the key things I am looking at, are what ways songs end, that screw things up.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Orc

1. Lack of a missed notes message.
2. When playing songs at low levels, you normally get *fizzles* like any other caster, however they should come trhough as *missed notes*. These missed note messages are not getting relayed to the client, even though to my knowledge other players can still see them.
3. When a bard song fizzles, the bard should see a You have missed a note! message.]

1. Songs are randomly having no effect even though the cast time has elapsed.
2. Singing any song will occasionally produce this effect. Easiest test is casting the level 2 ae dot repeatedly on some targets. About every 1 in 3 song casts will produce the effect (or lack there of).
3. You cast a spell, the cast bar elapses, your spell takes effect. Step 3 in the process is not occurring about 30% of the time right now. This is a new bug as of last patch for me.

Skee-7 Half Elf Bard
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Large Bat

Here are a few tests from the 4th level:

Out of Combat-- traveling in Qeynos Hills

1. Chant of Battle only---> ok
2. Chords of Dissonance only --> DMG but no song icon in effect window
3. Jaxan's Jig of Vigor only ---> ok
4. Twisting ---> Stamina and Mana fluctuations

In Combat-- Qeynos Hills

1. Chant of Battle only---> ok
2. Chords of Dissonance only --> DMG but no song icon in effect window
3. Jaxan's Jig of Vigor only ---> ok
4. Twisting ---> Stamina and Mana fluctuations

I tried the twists with both 2 and 3 songs with the same results.

Ittindi
Bard of Qeynos
Old 04-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Orc

FYI, the Chords of Dissonance spell shouldn:t have an effect in your window, it is a DoT on mobs? Also the bugs effects can be seen on all spells, whether twisting or not. However, the fluctuations are on initial casts, not every time the song refreshes, so it is easiest to see while twisting. It does happen with chant of battle and Jaxan:s as well.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

not my intention to complain, i just thought it would be easier to rollback since the current bugs are kinda gamebreaking

the new bugs are hardly reproduceable since it can affect every song as it did for me today those 5 hours i played (sunday everything was ok btw)

1.)
randomly out of nowhere it goes like this while fighting and twisting up to 4 songs since i pulled nonstop today

cast buff song
the spell casting starts
by the end of the cast no buff goes up in the buff window (nor a message in chat)

same with any detrimental songs
the spell casting starts
be the end of the cast nothing happens and there is no message like "mob glazes", "mob slows down" "mob chants" "younamethespell"

2.) mana and stamina-bars in the playerwindow bounching up and down.

3.) old issue: bard instrument animation as posted in another thread not showing on other classes
Last edited by mitic; 04-20-2010 at 01:55 AM..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not my intention to complain, i just thought it would be easier to rollback since the current bugs are kinda gamebreaking

the new bugs are hardly reproduceable since it can affect every song as it did for me today those 5 hours i played (sunday everything was ok btw)

1.)
randomly out of nowhere it goes like this while fighting and twisting up to 4 songs since i pulled nonstop today

cast buff song
the spell casting starts
by the end of the cast no buff goes up in the buff window (nor a message in chat)

same with any detrimental songs
the spell casting starts
be the end of the cast nothing happens and there is no message like "mob glazes", "mob slows down" "mob chants" "younamethespell"

2.) mana and stamina-bars in the playerwindow bounching up and down.

3.) old issue: bard instrument animation as posted in another thread not showing on other classes
This is the same description of the problem that I would give.
And just to clarify to an above poster, you are not supposed to see the icon for Chords of Dissonance.

And Haynar, just to let you know:
The mana bars and stamina bars go up and down over and over during battle so much that it's almost comical. The problem is that when the stamina bar is down low, I receive all of the detrimental effects of having an empty stamina bar, which is bad!
This happens, on average, about ten times per fight!
And when the battle is over, it's like a "roll of the dice" to see which bar will be at "empty" at the end of the fight.
Help us!!
Last edited by Deathrydar; 04-20-2010 at 06:54 AM..
Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Old Issue: When twisting songs a different character be it ranger, war, cleric, whatever will do the dancing and singing

-dosnt matter what song it is
-its always a group member doing it
Closed Thread