Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2023, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hostility towards reactionary conservatives.

I also do not use social media. If I can make posting here unpleasant for reactionary conservatives, mission accomplished.
Thought it was to get the forum shut down?

It’s ok, contradicting yourself in a confused state is kind of your forte, besides whining
Old 09-30-2023, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hostility towards reactionary conservatives.

I also do not use social media. If I can make posting here unpleasant for reactionary conservatives, mission accomplished.
Tracking, it appears a version of ideological trolling which typically stems from willingness to dehumanize others with labels that they themselves don't associate with. In real life most of these trolling folks wouldn't have the cajones to say these kind of things to peoples faces because it would lead to physical altercations. Visit your local bar and you will see humans miscommunicate in these kind of manners that lead to fighting. By doing this online it utilizes the fact that you are digitally anonymous and thus has no bite in reality unless someone lets it.

This is old school Twitter user logic even though that version of Twitter died and you aren't on social media. Basically you are hooking up whatever platform you are on by increasing engagement via controversy. Weirdly its a version of trolling that benefits the provider rather than the user who is providing the engagement.

I doubt p99 forums really care about increased engagement, but if you did the same thing stirring up controversy on like X, Mastodon, or Rumble you'd be a prized user there unlike here because riling up others increases the amount of time people use the site thereby increasing ad revenue.

It might backfire here though. On social media it is all about the 'gotcha' moment but here on these forums long form discussions can be had, reputations developed, and this exposes many of those trying the gotcha model. I actually think one of the reasons old school forums have fallen out of favor is because it is easier to thwart those that aren't adding anything meaningful vs on other social media sites where adding negativity is prized.

In another thread I asked if you think what you do changes minds and you said you didn't think it does that. Why would you continue to troll in this particular manner when it's obviously backfired here? It just boggles my mind that so called progressives would engage in behavior that would increase the chances of the guy they despise winning a second term. The last two elections were won because the incumbent was hated. Are your actions helping or hurting play out the future that you want to play out?
Last edited by Seducio; 09-30-2023 at 11:56 AM..
Old 09-30-2023, 11:51 AM
Banned

^
Rob isn’t going to read all that and wouldn’t understand it anyway

Dude is a one-note copy-paste NPC like Horza was, alienating the entire forum except Botten, and then comforting himself when he realizes no one likes him with “I wouldn’t want them to like me anyway”

Dunno what happened in his personal life to make him take a nose dive online from how he used to be, but I miss the old Rob who at least demonstrated 1/10th a personality
Old 09-30-2023, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

sarcasm = negative social points in china.

personality erasure
Old 09-30-2023, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracking, it appears a version of ideological trolling which typically stems from willingness to dehumanize others with labels that they themselves don't associate with. In real life most of these trolling folks wouldn't have the cajones to say these kind of things to peoples faces because it would lead to physical altercations. Visit your local bar and you will see humans miscommunicate in these kind of manners that lead to fighting. By doing this online it utilizes the fact that you are digitally anonymous and thus has no bite in reality unless someone lets it.

This is old school Twitter user logic even though that version of Twitter died and you aren't on social media. Basically you are hooking up whatever platform you are on by increasing engagement via controversy. Weirdly its a version of trolling that benefits the provider rather than the user who is providing the engagement.

I doubt p99 forums really care about increased engagement, but if you did the same thing stirring up controversy on like X, Mastodon, or Rumble you'd be a prized user there unlike here because riling up others increases the amount of time people use the site thereby increasing ad revenue.

It might backfire here though. On social media it is all about the 'gotcha' moment but here on these forums long form discussions can be had, reputations developed, and this exposes many of those trying the gotcha model. I actually think one of the reasons old school forums have fallen out of favor is because it is easier to thwart those that aren't adding anything meaningful vs on other social media sites where adding negativity is prized.

In another thread I asked if you think what you do changes minds and you said you didn't think it does that. Why would you continue to troll in this particular manner when it's obviously backfired here? It just boggles my mind that so called progressives would engage in behavior that would increase the chances of the guy they despise winning a second term. The last two elections were won because the incumbent was hated. Are your actions helping or hurting play out the future that you want to play out?
Contrary to that reactionary himbo below's thoughts, I understand this all fine. I do not think anything that is said here has any effect on the outcome of an election. I do not try to change minds. I demonstrate how to harness contempt.

I read this book some years ago and aspects of it stuck with me: https://www.amazon.com/Give-Them-Arg...4-036622882efb
Old 09-30-2023, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not try to change minds. I demonstrate how to harness contempt.
To what end?
Old 09-30-2023, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Contrary to that reactionary himbo below's thoughts, I understand this all fine. I do not think anything that is said here has any effect on the outcome of an election. I do not try to change minds. I demonstrate how to harness contempt.

I read this book some years ago and aspects of it stuck with me: https://www.amazon.com/Give-Them-Arg...4-036622882efb
More like “I can’t do what I usually do when someone makes a long post critical of me and choose to not read it because someone just predicted my usual behavior and I don’t want to confirm that”

You posting a book is a step in the right direction. I like to post about working out, sometimes about WoW, sometimes about my personal life, sometimes about men’s issues, sometimes about p99 which I still play

Other people post about food, or their pets, or hiking, or other details of their personal lives

90%+ of Rob posts are “GOD DAMN FASCIST REACTIONARY FASCIST FASCIST!!” and I can almost feel his blood pressure spiking from here

I suggest you grow a personality, or just stick to your posts begging the mods to close the forum like you no doubt email daily
Old 09-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To what end?
Liberals don't know how to argue with rightoids. I do.
Last edited by Origen; 09-30-2023 at 04:12 PM..
Old 09-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Banned

Color me unimpressed. You are talking means. To what end.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:16 PM
Banned

I don't feel the need to impress anyone. No offense.