Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

I got someone to play for about 2 minutes. He spammed me saying how terrible the graphics are and how WoW movement is so much better. Then he /quit and never got back on.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

My RL crew stuck around for quite a while. They were all EQ veterans though.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vznos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the process of getting my roommate to play and possibly her brother. Fingers crossed we'll all be around in a couple months~
any female players are required to check in with me when they start playing. They get some of my pp as incentive.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any female players are required to check in with me when they start playing. They get some of my pp as incentive.
i get it
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

I had 4 friends recruited. One had never played EQ before and got to level 10 which surprised me he even got that far. Another got to level 9 having never played before and it wasn't surprising he got that far nor quit.

One was a massive hardcore vet who quit at 35. Another was one who had played just a bit and got to 35 then quit. The two who quit at 35 grouped together little to not at all.

Why did I even type this horribly uninteresting tale that no one cares about?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

I CARE SOUP
Old 06-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I CARE SOUP
me too bro, me tooooo
Old 06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

I had like 5 or 6 real life friends start playing a while ago, dropped a good amount of cash on them(Jboots, solro sets, etc). I'm the only one playing now, friends are jerks.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Kobold

My old roomate got me to start playing about 6 months after EQ came out. I got 5 friends on this work crew I was on to play shortly after and he got a couple on his work crew as well, along with my gf and a co-workers gf. We were all graveyard shift at a grocery store in 99-02 and had an awesome time playing since with all of us there was usually someone you knew to group with. I remember one morning getting out of work one of the guys said I will meet you all in the Rathe Mountains to do some hunting in about an hour. The daytime manager asked me what we were hunting and how far were the Rathe Mountains. The look on her face when I tried to explain was priceless. Confusion mixed with rolling eyes. Back to sort of the topic... I got that same friend to come here a few weeks ago and it looks like he will be here to stay as well. We are broke as a joke with all that new spell buying and getting some bronze / banded for characters, but that is all part of the fun. Not kill 6 rats, 4 deer, and a couple bears for some quest, etc and get yourself armored up in half a day.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by San [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not kill 6 rats, 4 deer, and a couple bears for some quest....
Why doesn't EQ have deer anyway? For that matter, why don't the farmers in the karanas have livestock? I'd really like to fight a cow but I think I'd lose irl.