Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Banned

You cant make a cat do anything.

You are without blame.

Some cats live for a day. Some cats live for a month. Some live for a year or four. Thats just how it is some times. You got four good years instead of ten terrible ones. Take em.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
because why not choose to reincarnate into a house cat in your um, next life. Rest all night to prepare to sleep all day.
This is the world the illuminati are subconsciously making you think you want.

It's the life of a heroin addict.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does life have meaning if it inevitably ends? One of my cats died 6 months ago. He was only 4 years old. The Vet thinks it may have been some form of Congenital Heart Disease. I keep blaming myself for his death. Maybe If I hadn't been playing P99 so much at the time, I would have noticed that he was getting skinner. Maybe I would have noticed that he wasn't moving around as much. Maybe I would have noticed he was eating less. I guess I will never know, but perhaps if I had they might have put him on some kind of heart medicine that would have prevented his death. It's hard thinking about this, because I know that now I can do nothing to help him. It was really difficult losing him. A lot like losing a son. I wonder if I will ever be fully better again.
When my previous dog passed away I went through a cycle just like you and I can say it does get better. You have to forgive yourself though, open your heart up and let others in. Don't blame yourself anymore for his passing because I'm certain he had a good life.

My advice would be to get another cat and give it all the love you have and the wounds will heal in time. I hope you feel better.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

“Death is what gives life meaning, to know your days are numbered, your time is short.”
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-09-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

-says the cat
Old 03-09-2022, 06:25 PM
Banned

Having to counsel countless people who have just lost a loved one, the coulda/woulda/shoulda questions, otherwise known as survivor’s guilt, are a natural grief response. We are not psychic, we are not all-knowing, and it is not productive to entertain these sorts of thought avenues

Maybe try to replace the negative memories at the end by conjuring a positive one of when the pet was lively and healthy. It’s difficult because the negative are the most recent

Don’t let it to be an excuse to sink into nihilism about life. That is a bleak outlook. We were born into arguably one of the best era’s of human history and one of the best countries on earth (if u are in the USA), and we can honor the sacrifices others have made to put us in this position in the world by trying to make it and the people we interact with’s lives just a little bit better
Old 03-09-2022, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

It’s all a big nothing!
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-09-2022, 07:03 PM
Kobold

I appreciate all the positive responses. It helps me a lot to know that I'm not alone in my grief.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the world the illuminati are subconsciously making you think you want.

It's the life of a heroin addict.
I was just being sarcastic and pointing out that im not sure if we get to choose anything about our next life. Im glad you said illuminati and not enlightened, because then i would have to disagree with you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2022, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Who would want to live forever? I think about how long I've already been around, and yeah 80-90 years seems like just about plenty.