Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accidental genius.

My name is Hasbinbad, and I support restricting public channels until level 5.
LEVEL 4! They said level 4!! check your facts!!! -flame on!!!-

i dont think 4, i think maybe possibly just 2 or 3...but lvl 3 is a pain in the ass so 4 would be cruel

simple thing would be just add a chat spam thing that is alittle more strict than it is now....you try sending 5 messages in the same 30 seconds then auto kick -.-
Old 03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Orc

Talking OOC Level 4

Ok, this is a good idea, but you ask "What about the noobs who just came back and started?"

What in the fuck do they possibly need to know between 3 and 4 or lower, that they need to use OOC for? The whole point of putting it at 4 is to make sure they have to go through the hassle of getting past 4 to spam everyone, so when his 23 character name got to level 4 and everyone actually took the time to /ignore <retardedly long name spammer> then he'd have to once again get to level 4 again...And for the benefit of anyone below 4 and pretty much after that too, basically the answer to the only question you should have is to kill shit and gain more levels, course if your so retarded you can't figure that out, I feel ashamed to know or communicate with you in any way, and you probably should have been aborted before birth...anyways, aside from that have a nice time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely agree on the point that in it's current state, with a growing population, /ooc is going to need to be re-worked. Honestly, I'm not sure what the real reasoning is anymore for it being global. We have /auction for sales and /LFG for finding groups. Honestly, if /ooc were zonewide not only would it more resemble classic, but people might actually USE the /LFG feature for a change. And new players could still ask their "I dont' know/remember!" questions.

Now, I'm not saying this should be done today, right now, this minute. I just thing that at the current rate of expansion (in the last two months we've seen the the 400 and 500 marks set) we'll soon end up with too many people for this to make sense. I think the only people that could even argue that this should be kept in it's current state are those that have a need to argue about which flavor of gatorade is better or have to meet a quota of 10 smartass remarks to other peoples questions an hour or they're not happy.

Just food for thought!
This.

Its not just the spammers that are the problem anymore. It is the sheer volume. Imagine back in classic if there were 500 people in GFay, what the OOC spam would have been like. Well, that's what we have now with global OOC.

Per-zone OOC just makes sense. If not now, then when we get to 600 during peak times. Or 800. Or whenever.

At some point soon, given the growing population, I think most of us will come to agree that its the only solution.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

not that I care about ooc spam.

Almost always, there is more then 1 person in a newbie zone to answer an OOC question.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

maybe world wide channels like (general) but to me, i LOVE being able to converse serverwide to talk to people or LFG, or sell things.

and you guys cant act like your the ones who own and control the whole world and if someone doesnt know how to play everquest they are stupid. we want people that are willing to ask and learn, rather than azz hats like you that want to kick people down to asking questions. it is a problem with the dudes who come over from PEQ and the other servers just to spam, but that problem could also be solved by having more guides, or a 7+ msg's in the span of 30 seconds and boom a 10 minutes auto disable. i know when i first started everquest i wouldnt have known how to /tell someone..

meh
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

I will never in a million years understand why people freak out about other people having conversations in a social game. It's really not that hard to put it in an unused window and make that window extremely small and out of the way if for some reason seeing text offends you that much.

Aside from one individual the amount of "spam" seems extremely minimal. I think I have seen a single other incident outside of the gold toothed erudite in red shoes spam. Most people in OOC seem to be having fairly normal conversations and getting along pretty well. Why do something to make it more difficult for the community to interact?

*shrug*
Old 03-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

People like to bitch because they're soft-skinned, little, whiny, babies.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Orc

I strongly support gamewide OOC and I hope it doesn't leave any time soon. I play offpeak a lot, so often times it's the only social interaction I have while grinding out shit.

That sounds a lot more pitiful when I type it out.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People like to bitch because they're soft-skinned, little, whiny, babies.
you sir, forgot to add "smart" !![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] or was it the opposite ...
Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

I really like the idea that you need to put the time in to be level 4 before you can join the community in OOC.
Closed Thread