Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lurk the live forums from time to time, and this has been brought up there. According to the devs, there is nothing to "rollback" or bring up from the archives, because there is NO archives, no backups. What is in the current version of EQ live is all there is, no previous versions of code are saved, all have been deleted/overwritten. So, the current state of the game is all there is, and if they want it to be like the old state, they too would have to write it up from scratch based on the current server code.
I guarantee they have it. They are sealed in some lawyers vault for TM & Copyright protection as is the norm. Whatever dev wrote that, well should put down their crack pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, mercs cannot be used in raids. If everyone had this mentality, no one would be raiding..
Poopsockers: 1
Visiting team: 0

I'm glad I already have a cleric, don't need to PL/Solo/Merc to cap. But then My Cleric on live is staying in retirement. Among the live community(clerics), the issues remain. Not even on top 5 list of desired class for raiding. Once top 3, not last. Sentiment being all well and good, but the fact remains they have become obsolete in todays prize-winning EQq.

Oh and yes, I would imagine they are better for PvP now, since they were retooled to be a solo class. But then EQ PvP was never SOE's selling point for the game; not well developed. In the end, generally, the qq soloers won. "ooooh everquest is too haaard - we don't want forced grouping" etc.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-03-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even on top 5 list of desired class for raiding. Once top 3, not last. Sentiment being all well and good, but the fact remains they have become obsolete in todays prize-winning EQq.
Failing how to see they are still not in the top three when any raid in Tower, UF, or HoT is impossible without this class. Where as that isn't true for any one single class otherwise.
Closed Thread