Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to see every caster on the server channeling gate every time they're about to die.
Step 1: Find class trainer
Step 2: Train bash. Usually 5 trains in bash is sufficient to start off.
Step 3: Bash the caster as they channel gate.
Step 4: Get good.
Step 5: PM me for more advice on how to play on pvp servers.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

make it the same as p99 imo... if u dont like it... try altergate
Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

also make it RZ style, 1 item loot, ffa pvp, and keep the same xp grind as in p99
Old 05-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I say too. There's no reason to change anything besides allowing DD spells to land easier in level 60 PvP. Letting stuns land is ok too since they have a reuse timer and it it adds some much needed strategy to caster vs caster PvP.

The way Null wants to integrate stuns into the game is completely broken. He basically does it where they land for a long duration (overpowered) but don't land reliably enough to be used as strategic interrupts. If you want skill based caster PvP, they need to land very easily but not for long duration.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

over all they should release original content only, antonica faydwer and odus, i rather like team, but ffa does work, probally best for +- 6 lvls between, what ever guilds control diffrent zones because im feeling everyones gonna want ffa, do open loot, when you die the killers allowed to pick one item from your corpse, trying to think of what else, lets all pvp and have fun
Old 05-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajin;302193[B

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I say too. There's no reason to change anything besides allowing DD spells to land easier in level 60 PvP. Letting stuns land is ok too since they have a reuse timer and it it adds some much needed strategy to caster vs caster PvP.

The way Null wants to integrate stuns into the game is completely broken. He basically does it where they land for a long duration (overpowered) but don't land reliably enough to be used as strategic interrupts. If you want skill based caster PvP, they need to land very easily but not for long duration.
So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS, no heresy allowed, what else?

Please give us more anecdotes about early stage pvp, you know the pvp you started in 2001 when velious was released, 6months before luclin came out and SZ was a ghost town
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no heresy allowed, what else?
Correct. No Heresy allowed because they're always suggesting all these rules like no training but then completely ignore them and train you in Plane of Hate anyway (right after making sure no GM's are online).

Then when they lose a 30vs30 guild fight, they all post on the msg board suggesting some kind of new rule to try and give themselves an advantage so it won't happen again.

This is why that Quinloe guy kept saying GM favoritism, they kept implementing all the Heresy demands for new rules one after another. Then after being caught breaking the rules that they themselves advocated like a million times, nothing ever happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS
It was an either/or statement. Either make it like normal EQ or small changes that actually benefit or add skill to PvP. The null resist system only adds a bunch of RNG variables into combat which didn't exist on EQ live while also making class balance worse. Hybrids get more powerful, pure melee go from viable to crappy solo classes, etc.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS, no heresy allowed, what else?
Please give us more anecdotes about early stage pvp, you know the pvp you started in 2001 when velious was released, 6months before luclin came out and SZ was a ghost town
...and no root!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

Root is obviously unfair to have.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

I like Altergate Loot item style. Loot one item thru there bags. But don't mess with what they have equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread