Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting, that's actually better than what I would have guessed. Seems like I'm getting much less than 50% per kill but so hard to tell.
I think it can go all the way down to -75% of the xp for it being green, depending on how green. I'm not sure if it scales or if it drops in chunks or what.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting here in FV, killing Drolvarg Snarlers, because someone has to.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2021, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Here you go OP. Factors in race and class exp penalties too I believe

https://www.cs.mun.ca/~dchurchill/html5/p99exp/
Old 03-13-2021, 06:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sitting here in FV, killing Drolvarg Snarlers, because someone has to. They are about 50/50 blue and dark green to me. What would you think the ratio is exp wise? Do I need to kill 2, 3, 5, 10 dark greens to equal a blue? I know there are a lot of factors, but what would you guess?
Old 03-13-2021, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here you go OP. Factors in race and class exp penalties too I believe

https://www.cs.mun.ca/~dchurchill/html5/p99exp/
Playing with this, it doesn't seem to care what the enemy cons (green or blue) l. At 55 the guards go dark green in many cities, which are level 40, and the difference between level 40, 41, and 42 mobs in this calculator seems linear without any sort of penalty when they go from blue to dark green.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

From what I recall it;s something like:
You would probably win this fight..it's not certain though = 50% exp
You could probably win this fight. <-- usually this means no exp, but if you do get exp from the mob it's 25%.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdah555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing with this, it doesn't seem to care what the enemy cons (green or blue) l. At 55 the guards go dark green in many cities, which are level 40, and the difference between level 40, 41, and 42 mobs in this calculator seems linear without any sort of penalty when they go from blue to dark green.
Calculator may just be wrong then, or not taking into account the penalty or even not getting EXP from greens. As a 55 monk whose killed a lot of level 40 guards and other NPCs - there was a big hit in how many kills it took for 1% on the same level 40 mobs at 54 and 55, after they went from dark blue to green. If you set your level to like 59 and mob level to say 35 or 40 it still gives you a number of mobs you have to kill, even it should be infinity since they don't give EXP.

Basically that calculator only works for mobs that give 100% exp (dark blue and above).

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Last edited by Man0warr; 03-13-2021 at 05:25 PM..
Old 03-13-2021, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdah555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be wrong but I don’t believe there’s any sort of “penalty” for killing greens. Mobs are worth a certain amount of exp at their level and you will get that exp as long as you are not higher than the max level allowed to get exp from that mob.

I tested this calculator killing high greens that I got exp from killing from 41-43 and it was spot on in terms of number of kills I needed.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calculator may just be wrong then, or not taking into account the penalty or even not getting EXP from greens. As a 55 monk whose killed a lot of level 40 guards and other NPCs - there was a big hit in how many kills it took for 1% on the same level 40 mobs at 54 and 55, after they went from dark blue to green. If you set your level to like 59 and mob level to say 35 or 40 it still gives you a number of mobs you have to kill, even it should be infinity since they don't give EXP.

Basically that calculator only works for mobs that give 100% exp (dark blue and above).
I killed dark greens for two levels for exp and the calculator was accurate
Old 03-14-2021, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be wrong but I don’t believe there’s any sort of “penalty” for killing greens. Mobs are worth a certain amount of exp at their level and you will get that exp as long as you are not higher than the max level allowed to get exp from that mob.

I tested this calculator killing high greens that I got exp from killing from 41-43 and it was spot on in terms of number of kills I needed.
Can't speak to the accuracy of the calculator, but there is definitely a green mob penalty limiting your xp gained to 50% or 25% of the blue con value based on "how green" the mob is. It's very noticeable to anyone who has farmed a mob while it is at blue con xp then it flips down into green and the xp yield reduces dramatically.
Closed Thread