Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ice Burrowers have a huge HP pool, and hit hard. If you were just chaining pets, you would run out of mana long before the Ice Burrower died. You need to keep the Ice Burrower aggroed on you so it will chase you, and your pet will safely attack the Ice Burrower from behind. Another reason for this strategy is Ice Burrowers have a nasty aoe proc on attacks, so this strategy prevents those AoE procs from happening.
Yea actually with the way that aggro transfers on P99 even if you dont do any damage the pet damage will sweep over to the mage. Normally horrible but in this case you dont want that mob on the pet at all.

Chain summoning in this case might be the best way to keep it off the pet but you would need a long enough lead so you could start the summon. A 10 second lead. Of course, all while not finding any Velium Wolves or more ice burrowers. I also don't know if they leash so will they just chase forever or break aggro and regen hps if you run too far away? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It seems finding a bored epic Druid to help would be much easier. So much easier.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea actually with the way that aggro transfers on P99 even if you dont do any damage the pet damage will sweep over to the mage. Normally horrible but in this case you dont want that mob on the pet at all.

Chain summoning in this case might be the best way to keep it off the pet but you would need a long enough lead so you could start the summon. A 10 second lead. Of course, all while not finding any Velium Wolves or more ice burrowers. I also don't know if they leash so will they just chase forever or break aggro and regen hps if you run too far away? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It seems finding a bored epic Druid to help would be much easier. So much easier.
They do leash eventually, so you do need to be careful about that. When I was making my Ice Burrower video that happened once to me hehe. You will need to cast multiple pets over the fight, I am just saying you can't rely on that alone due to how fast your pet will die when the Ice Burrower agros it. Ideally the mage need enough agro on them to keep the Ice Burrower on you for a decent amount of time. Unless something about agro changed after I made that video, you should be able to build up a lot of hate over the duration of the fight if you keep doing something to the Ice Burrower to generate more hate.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

You don't need a 10 second lead... you just need 10 minus however long it takes for it to kill your pet. As soon as it turns to your pet, you start casting. Either 10 seconds pass and your pet isn't dead yet (so you dismiss it with a typed command right before your cast finishes), or it kills your pet before then and you only needed enough of a lead to finish the cast. If it doubles for 200 and hits once per second, that's still enough time to only need about a 1-2 second lead on it under those circumstances.

And all agro the pet had transfers to you on death, so the next summon will be able to BS the crap out of it that much longer before you have to start casting again.

At least, that's the theory...
Old 02-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Could keep aggro with low hp aggro, and have a manna robe to ensure you never go above 20% health
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need a 10 second lead... you just need 10 minus however long it takes for it to kill your pet. As soon as it turns to your pet, you start casting. Either 10 seconds pass and your pet isn't dead yet (so you dismiss it with a typed command right before your cast finishes), or it kills your pet before then and you only needed enough of a lead to finish the cast. If it doubles for 200 and hits once per second, that's still enough time to only need about a 1-2 second lead on it under those circumstances.

And all agro the pet had transfers to you on death, so the next summon will be able to BS the crap out of it that much longer before you have to start casting again.

At least, that's the theory...
I was assuming the first time it killed the pet quicker than anticipated and the player had to run and build runway to summon another. That one without burnout. I’ve tanked one before; they are quite mean.

Give it a go. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

I play on green, so it will be a while yet. But I'll try once I get there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 02-02-2021, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Ive never felt more sorry for anyone in my life than when I watched DeathsSilkyMist chase a fleeing ice burrower in the water.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never felt more sorry for anyone in my life than when I watched DeathsSilkyMist chase a fleeing ice burrower in the water.
Lol it was pretty sad, having to poke it in the butt to death with my pet.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could keep aggro with low hp aggro, and have a manna robe to ensure you never go above 20% health
Does this work? I thought they fixed this years ago. Although, I haven't tried it in a few years.

From what I recall, mobs will charge at you with low HP aggro; however, the mob will attack others somewhat randomly even if you are low HP.
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 02-03-2021, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Send a few pets and let them die. All that aggro will transfer to you
Closed Thread