Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Gnome Wizard is a solid choice.

You should choose your favorite class and stick with it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I call the perpetual noob state - when you want to play every class and you only level to 20 and change your mind haha. I had that problem when I started 20 years ago on tarew marr but I was also like 14... what I always like to say is : play what is fun for you! even if that means making an alt for every class if you enjoy that.
Classic eq is boring and at the current exp rate disgustingly slow and unbearable, if you arent getting bored by 20 something is wrong. ANother reason i loved red, exp was much much faster and there was a huge group bonus, made it so fun.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic eq is boring and at the current exp rate disgustingly slow and unbearable, if you arent getting bored by 20 something is wrong. ANother reason i loved red, exp was much much faster and there was a huge group bonus, made it so fun.
For the longest time I thought there was a group exp bonus for having a full group in EQ. Evidently i was very wrong on this, so I wasted countless hours grouped with multiple hybrids thinking the bonus would help round it out.

Until hybrids gain the utility to match their exp penalty, I'll always look for another class when trying to fill out a group (no offense to the players themselves). I'd much rather use mana to root park a mob and have a warrior tank it then go for a hybrid. If pulling is hard, then a Monk or Bard is welcome. But with the way a lot of camps are especially in busier zones, mobs stay broken up and you rarely get constant pulls, so I've had warriors easily handle pulling the majority of the time.

Sadly we have to wait till Velious for class exp penalty to go away. Such an absurd penalty for the classic devs to add into the game right at the outset.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read another way:

"I would be better suited for a modern MMO where I can level really quickly and therefore am ill suited for P99 unless they unclassicly tweak the EXP to cater to my need to level fast."
Old 02-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the longest time I thought there was a group exp bonus for having a full group in EQ. Evidently i was very wrong on this, so I wasted countless hours grouped with multiple hybrids thinking the bonus would help round it out.

Until hybrids gain the utility to match their exp penalty, I'll always look for another class when trying to fill out a group (no offense to the players themselves). I'd much rather use mana to root park a mob and have a warrior tank it then go for a hybrid. If pulling is hard, then a Monk or Bard is welcome. But with the way a lot of camps are especially in busier zones, mobs stay broken up and you rarely get constant pulls, so I've had warriors easily handle pulling the majority of the time.

Sadly we have to wait till Velious for class exp penalty to go away. Such an absurd penalty for the classic devs to add into the game right at the outset.

Don't worry SKs and Pally's, I'll always be there to scoop you up. Nothing beats having a hybrid tank in the group.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry SKs and Pally's, I'll always be there to scoop you up. Nothing beats having a hybrid tank in the group.
RIP Rangers
Old 02-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Just as a note: you list the epic as a problem for necro. Necromancers do not need their epic, and there are a few items which are comparable in power in velious (Velk's spell book, zheart). Overall even using a cone of the mystics will likely get your necro through the 50's.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP Rangers
Don't worry Rangers, I'll always be there to scoop you up if I can't find a monk or a bard to pull first.

(I’m kidding, Rangers are fine. Definitely not the first choice, I kind of prefer a Shaman tank all things considered.)

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 02-11-2020 at 10:19 PM..
Old 02-11-2020, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

race : halfling
class : halfling
exp : halalfing
barbarians are your ally
Old 02-12-2020, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as a note: you list the epic as a problem for necro. Necromancers do not need their epic, and there are a few items which are comparable in power in velious (Velk's spell book, zheart). Overall even using a cone of the mystics will likely get your necro through the 50's.
Yea velks spellbook and zheart have a clickable snare super comparable
Closed Thread