Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

That's my char from the side after I did the hi res texture upgrade:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 10-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Shakira don't play. I mean she do play, but with an IBC.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my setup from last night when I finally settled on a good arrangement, although the tinkering of course will never cease.

My monitor is 2560x1440.

I run P99 in a window with the following in my eqclient.ini:

WindowedWidth=2000
WindowedHeight=1382

I leave 560px on the left for desktop stuff. I leave 58px on the bottom because I like to see the taskbar.

Once game loads I did /viewport 0 0 1440 1080

Now I have perfect 4:3 unobstructed view because I can place all the UI elements out of the viewport. Also, it's centered on the monitor because of the 560px padding on the desktop to the left and another 560px padding inside the game client on the right.

I changed the Window-->Background-->Tint Color for all the windows to 0 0 20 so there's some contrast.

This is so not classic. Har har har.
That's really awesome.

it's a shame my monitor isn't that large so I can't do the same thing, but I'll try something similar with the space I have available.

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my setup from last night when I finally settled on a good arrangement, although the tinkering of course will never cease.

My monitor is 2560x1440.

I run P99 in a window with the following in my eqclient.ini:

WindowedWidth=2000
WindowedHeight=1382

I leave 560px on the left for desktop stuff. I leave 58px on the bottom because I like to see the taskbar.

Once game loads I did /viewport 0 0 1440 1080

Now I have perfect 4:3 unobstructed view because I can place all the UI elements out of the viewport. Also, it's centered on the monitor because of the 560px padding on the desktop to the left and another 560px padding inside the game client on the right.

I changed the Window-->Background-->Tint Color for all the windows to 0 0 20 so there's some contrast.

Using a map? CHEATER!!!
Old 10-13-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's my char from the side after I did the hi res texture upgrade:

I'd hit it. Meet me in Innothule!
Old 10-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Exactly.
http://web.archive.org/web/200309301.../20020724.html
Old 10-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This option should be removed. I wonder why you bother spending all your time on something that isn't even classic, especially if you know it isn't. I mean, you did know that, right? If you did, you are essentially exploiting. I hate it when people try to argue "well if you can do it, it's not my fault, i'm going to keep doing it..." No, if you know something isn't classic, simply don't do it. Report it and stop abusing the exploit. Be the better person here. At least until they address it.

Can we get a confirmation that this will be removed, at least on Green? Stuff like this being allowed really gets me worked up, lol.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This option should be removed. I wonder why you bother spending all your time on something that isn't even classic, especially if you know it isn't. I mean, you did know that, right? If you did, you are essentially exploiting. I hate it when people try to argue "well if you can do it, it's not my fault, i'm going to keep doing it..." No, if you know something isn't classic, simply don't do it. Report it and stop abusing the exploit. Be the better person here. At least until they address it.

Can we get a confirmation that this will be removed, at least on Green? Stuff like this being allowed really gets me worked up, lol.
We all have widescreen monitors now. What do you expect them to do? Forcing 4:3 will cause a lot of issues up to, and including, users not being able to play due to the monitors not understanding the forced ratio.

Its easy for videos and movies cause they have a media player that understands the revert to 4:3. But a monitor may not. I want it as classic as possible too, friend, but this is just something that is the sign of the times, not a limitation.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why you bother spending all your time on something that isn't even classic, especially if you know it isn't. I mean, you did know that, right?
Can you point me to the old default interface that I can somehow swap in and get around Rogean's forced velious UI? I should voluntarily abandon QoL features available because other people prefer to play in 640x480 with one chat window? If that is forced on me, I'll do it but I'm not going to self-gimp. Squinting isn't classic because I didn't wear glasses in 1999.

Also, as someone who's been involved in software testing for two decades, when the test release comes, in the absence of specific notes I have to assume the feature set available is the feature set going live. So one of the reasons I exercised the interface is so I could report any bugs with it to the devs because unless I hear to the contrary the current UI and viewport and all that goodness is what we're getting at launch.
Closed Thread