Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Orc

So then STAM to future proof once more expansions drop?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

+20 STR for most players/casuals
+20 STA for hardcore endgame-focused players
+10/+10 for those consumed by indecision
Old 10-11-2019, 12:42 AM
Orc

Haha, makes perfect sense. I imagine I'll go +20 STAM because STR becomes easy to cap later on. Was never a fan of the Iksar so I am perfectly have with OG Human Monk.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

STR is going give you a much better return on investment in vanilla, maybe even kunark, outside of raid situations. Even if you cap it in kunark you just itemize more for stamina/hp. If you wanna build to velious end game, though, ya 20 sta.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR is going give you a much better return on investment in vanilla, maybe even kunark, outside of raid situations. Even if you cap it in kunark you just itemize more for stamina/hp. If you wanna build to velious end game, though, ya 20 sta.
Would you elaborate on that? For a monk that is wearing light gear, encumbrance isn't an issue; so STR only affects damage. Will groups depend on the monk doing an extra 20 STR worth of damage? I currently view monks not so much as a DPS class but as a pulling class (until later gear makes them beasts). Not so? I have never played one.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you elaborate on that? For a monk that is wearing light gear, encumbrance isn't an issue; so STR only affects damage. Will groups depend on the monk doing an extra 20 STR worth of damage? I currently view monks not so much as a DPS class but as a pulling class (until later gear makes them beasts). Not so? I have never played one.
it's going to be important because the lack of good ratio weapons. STR will give a flat boost to your damage. Even after great ratio weapons start falling from the sky in kunark STR still gives a scaling damage bonus along with the flat one.

Vanilla is going to be overcamped so FD splitting often wont be needed. Not to mention the shitload of strong CC classes like enc and bard, again making FD pulling not worth the extra wasted time. Even if you do have to do a bit of splitting it won't be long until you are just single pulling respawns.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Aviak

And you are going to be a very poor first character. Hauling loot to the vendor will often trump staying under the weight limit. My first char on live was a monk and if possible I went home encumbered.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Kobold

Good grief, go Strength and don't pay attention weight when leveling. You shouldn't be tanking anyway. Your pull duties, unless you are in the group ahead of the pack, will be pretty light so just make friends with mages for throwing weapons, Druids for DR and Enchanters for MR buffs (or whatever classes you have in group that can cast these spells). Mages also offer WR summoned bags worth using at some point if you decide you really do care about weight. Keep bind wound up as best you can, bind a hot-bar slot to A or D and then drag your mend to that location. Save every single point you have for training FD at your trainer or maybe save some for Flying Kick if you want to. Buying gems and such is good for getting rid of copper and silver weight if you aren't near a bank, but not maxing STR because of the Monk AC weight tables is crazy talk. The end game DPS difference will be very noticeable for years to come on this server.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Minmax stamina for sure

Normal player strength for sure

If you're going to get anywhere near best in slot in velious go stamina

If you are not go strength
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

You could put all 20 points into Intelligence on a Monk (for tradeskills, obviously) and in practice you'd never notice the difference.

Put them wherever you want. It'll work fine.

Danth
Closed Thread