Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Aviak

Could always use a toon to buy them
Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

I took my liz neco to The Warrens after I finished Kern's. Ya kill about 999 kobolds and have wonder faction in paineel. You can stay in Paineel and kill skelly guards and make some easy plat ifn yer so inclined.
After that a druid or wizzie will port u to Toxula, you run to Paineel, sell, bank. gate back to yer hunten ground.
Works real well for me.
Buy a stack of peridots to pay the porter, they are really light.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:16 PM
Banned

Words are tricky. Thankfully, I already had a high level wizard to warp around the world to check every vendor I could to find what I needed. I think that's probably the most cost efficient way. But if you don't have a toon who can warp around, you could probably just make alts in major cities to shop around.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Orc

Go to the vendors that sell the book you need to combine words. Often they will have words you need and sometimes the spells as well.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

As an Iksar SK, I murdered halfers in Nec Forrest till DreadGuard Outer faction were ok with me. Then went through and did the Red Wine Quest.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

Now I can bank in Neriak happily.

Just one damn wanderer near the entrance to the Neriak Down below who woll attack id he sees me (he is on 'The Dead' faction)

Nice think about Neriak is that its fairly close to EC tunnel.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Lots of good input here. I second a couple of notions on this thread:

Qeynos Catacombs - zero faction work required as an Iksar Necro. You can bank, train, buy spells, etc. Use the secret entrance in front of Qeynos and bring a map + your invis spell

Paineel - get a port town to Tox forest and then spend 2-3 hours grinding dogs in the warrens. You'll soon have the faction to be able to train/bank/buy spells in Paineel. Paineel is very closely located to the Toxx Forest port and is the "bank of choice" for many necros

Finally, Call of Bones is a must-have spell -- not only for the mana regen, but also for the +faction purposes. You'll go from being KoS to "acceptable" in many places such as the Overthere and many evil cities. Get this spell
Old 09-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Aviak

As others have said, Neriak is great - do the Red Wine quest (its like ~300 turn ins but still worth it) to go to Dubious with the guards (you'll go higher with the merchants if I remember right). This alone gives you the latitude to move throughout most the city and to be able to banks/sell - I'd recommend moving place to place using invis, just to be safe, but you'll have the faction to talk to merchants/banker.

Freeport: As others have said, you can either take the baddies tunnel (North one in West Freeport) or you can invis and walk there the normal way - up to you. Once inside the bank, go to 3rd person view and back up slowly with your right arm smashed against the wall, until you see the banker on the other side of it, then simply right click him - he can't see you, but you can see him. If you want to be extra safe, FD before you click.

Kelethin: Also invis, very similar to Freeport except you look through a window instead. They key is to make sure the banker doesn't have line-of-sight to you, then it won't aggro you.

Rivervale: The banker here is a weakling (unlike most bankers who are still red to me at 42). Depending on your level (at least 26+) You can run in to the bank via invis, then the banker will attack (like a Chihuahua[no real threat, but annoying]), and you can just flop. Make sure to have gate, or root memmed BEFORE YOU GO IN (won't be able to with banker hitting you). Once you're done banking, either gate out, or root the banker, then invis, then run to zone. (Or, if you have a pre-nerf COS, just stand and insta-invis.)

Firiona Vie: Using skeleton illusion you'll go to dubious, or at least I did, but maybe that's because I'd killed enough faction+ stuff. It doesn't take much though. The hard part here is that your life will be draining away and there's nothing super near to lifetap, so look at the map to find the banker first so as to minimize your time inside. Don't drop illusion until you're safely away from the pilgrims/drakes (they all see invis and will attack you sans skelly).

Oh, one more thing. Freeport tunnels: there's a necro guild down there (this is the tunnel south from West freeport). Turning in a couple of bonechips takes you from dubious to apprehensive. Thus, you'll have a home on Antonica where you can train AND buy necro spells. Neat right? Skelly illusion would get you to Indifferent or higher even without turning in chips - up to you.
Last edited by Ankou; 09-04-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdeDaWord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could always use a toon to buy them
Yeah, just create a mule in whatever towns. Figure out where you can buy peridots and drop xfer them to the mule near whatever you want to buy.

My hobbit druid does this to buy my Ogre shaman stuff and Iksar Necro stuff all the time and carry the loot back to them.

I recently found out a guildie has 79 mules to carry/mule LORE items. That's a bridge too far *for me*, but it works for him so <shrug>
Old 09-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As others have said, Neriak is great - do the Red Wine quest (its like ~300 turn ins but still worth it) to go to Dubious with the guards (you'll go higher with the merchants if I remember right).
I just recently did this with my Iksar monk. I hit max ally with neriak merchants before even hitting dubious with guards. Those dark elves really love their booze.

Also, even after making it out of KoS, invis before running out of 3rd gate. You have to run past the cleric guild entrance on your way out, and those will still be kos in addition to that wandering guard (Kaszan Punox i think?).
Old 09-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Aviak

You can bank in Freeport by just using Invis to the bank building. Stand behind the wall and angle your camera to click the banker. You can do this out of line of sight.
Closed Thread