Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Why hasn't anyone thought of locking them up? Congrats Wu'Tang. You just stopped the opioid epidemic.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned

I’d be dead if cocaine was free
Not sure I agree with enabling via free drug paraphernalia
Last edited by Lulz~Sect; 01-30-2018 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: autocorrect
Old 01-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Banned

You two seem to have a flawed perception of how this works in real life.

#1 - Most of them don't actually want help until they are in trouble with the law or have f#cked over family members to the point where they are outcasts, even then this is a ruse. This leads them to robbery to support their drug habbit which eventually leads them to jail. They almost never go to jail for actual drugs, its the sh!ty things they do to get drugs that gets them locked up. Creating rehab facilities does not help these people and I would wager MOST heroin addicts are somewhere in this cycle. The people who WANT help can find it readily available, problem is most of them just flat out like getting high and have no intention of getting 'well'

#2 you think them dying off is a problem, I do not. I do however find it to be a problem to condone use of the worst drug in the world (Meth vs Heroin I guess is a valid debate)

#3 I am not for more jail, but I am also not for having dangerous drug addicts who do not actually want to get well having safe injection zones because I fundamentally disagree that they have a 'problem' and I tend to think they are lazy and self entitled children who need to be locked away until they are clean.
Last edited by Spyder73; 01-30-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d be dead of cocaine was free
Not sure I agree with enabling via free drug paraphernalia
+1
Old 01-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why hasn't anyone thought of locking them up? Congrats Wu'Tang. You just stopped the opioid epidemic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You two seem to have a flawed perception of how this works in real life.
I think I'm very well acquainted.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Miss Whitney Nicole Brooks, 22 of Frederick, MD., died Friday, December 25, 2009

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scott Robert Tooley, 27, of Frederick passed away suddenly at his home on March 5, 2011.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-30-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 01:41 PM
Banned

Then you realize that neither one of your friends would have voluntarily gone to rehab, or am I wrong on that also? Involuntary rehab is called jail.

I have had friends who OD'd and either it came as a surprise because they were not 'junkies' or it was a 'yea that sounds about right' because they had huge problems and would not accept help
Old 01-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

This could happen to any party people in my neighborhood TBH
Just takes a bad batch (this actually happened recently in Bushwick)
The only solution is to not use

RIP
Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you realize that neither one of your friends would have voluntarily gone to rehab, or am I wrong on that also? Involuntary rehab is called jail.

I have had friends who OD'd and either it came as a surprise because they were not 'junkies' or it was a 'yea that sounds about right' because they had huge problems and would not accept help
I hope you suffer a horrible accident and get addicted to pain meds. Then I hope the doctor notices your drug seeking behavior and cuts you off like the worthless drug addict you are. But hey you have a decent job and know a guy who sells pills so whatever. Then your money runs low and you have to seek other alternatives. Then I hope you end up in a ditch chocking on your own vomit from a fentanyl overdose, doesnt take much! Fuck you.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-30-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Old 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

They were both clean for over a year, btw. Rehab isn't the magic solution you think it is. Addiction leaves long term psychological scars.
And sending SICK people to jail is fucking idiotic. It's real easy to point the finger at the addicts, when it's Big Pharma and doctors and law makers to blame for much/most of this.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-30-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Closed Thread