Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think it will hurt p99 pop because all those additional expansions suck and a guy might as well be playing eq2 or wow at that point. Besides the nostalgia of "I remember when this came out" there's nothing good about the direction the game went after velious which is why these servers stop at velious.

If you just want "more content" then it's truly time to move on to a new game.

Also I wonder if daybreak has any of the old server side code to make ui and game legit and cool again during classic era. I'd kill for legit parchment paper mode that was good times.

But yeah id abandon ship hardcore for a rallos emulator. If they made PvP server with no item loot..the rest of the ruleset would be totally irrelevant and a guy would be better off playing here.

It hurts my feelings that red has been so neglected. It's exciting to see a guide doing stuff. I don't know how program picks them though. It blows my mind that we haven't got an honest John or whatever yet. I'd figure some old timer would be cruising around 1hr a night laying down justice at a sheriff's pace or something.

Love p99 just wish there was more I could do to help red thrive.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Doubt it

Whats all this potions and mounts and unlockables shit?

Sounds whack as fuck
Old 03-18-2017, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yeah id abandon ship hardcore for a rallos emulator. If they made PvP server with no item loot..the rest of the ruleset would be totally irrelevant and a guy would be better off playing here.

It hurts my feelings that red has been so neglected. It's exciting to see a guide doing stuff. I don't know how program picks them though. It blows my mind that we haven't got an honest John or whatever yet. I'd figure some old timer would be cruising around 1hr a night laying down justice at a sheriff's pace or something.

Love p99 just wish there was more I could do to help red thrive.
Great post.

My body is ready for item loot PvP. I will get mad and/or cry, but it will make me stronger.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubt it

Whats all this potions and mounts and unlockables shit?

Sounds whack as fuck
crazy graphics, giant target rings, redesigned zones, replaced textures, hormone replacement trans potions and RMT mounts, naw man. Maybe if it locked at Velious or Classic.

realtalk tho EQClassic just updated for the first time in 2 years and their test server is up again, so if we wait another 8 years we may have another server.

eqclassic.org/roadmap.php

• PvP Rules & Mechanics (1%) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Orc

PoP was a bluebie heaven. One of the best thought out raid content expansions. Not just that but the char advancement was awesome. Prob is it wont be classic or a true pop experiance. Like with the other classic or progression servers Daybreak has released there are very problems with major things. Like focus effects, target rings, and alot of other non classic content put into the game. Nothing like having a lvl 45 cleric with mana pres 3 =/. Not to mention p99 is free where as the special progression locked or any of the special servers cost a membership which alot of the trashcans that play onp99 cant afford
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

PoP was amazing. Unfortunately it will come with the other 10000 "features" they've added to the game most likely which ruin the game in my humble opinion.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Planar Protector

Pop was poop for PVP

I did enjoy the focus effects added to earlier era items that added a fun element to caster twinks

but by then there wasn't a lot of good lower level pvp to be had anymore...so not good times.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkelMacron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but can we get a teams first?

I am neither interested in grinding Vindi nor fighting for Trak in Kunark armor against full velly armor pvpers
No you suck get a job and do something for societyy you piece of thrash.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Dang who would have thought Daybreak actually listening to its player base!

That server's gunna fucking rape the pop of p99.

Now all they need to do is a PvP server!
Except the Daybreak servers are total fucking garbage.

Instanced content/zones, mercenaries, new zones (Freeport, etc) & models, portals, different UI, cash shop & aesthetic bullshit, newer gameplay mechanics, etc.

It's not even the same game, much less one that is directly in competition with the servers here that aim to recreate the classic experience.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

That's why it's so important that we revert red 99 to full classic era status with proper classic replica rallos zek ruleset.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread