Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely add a healer, in a few levels consider making the healer a cleric and going into Howling Stones. I think that would be a rocking trio, especially if the cleric is good/versatile (ie - keeps root loaded, maybe an undead nuke depending on mana, etc).
Howling stones is OK - Honestly best XP would be the Enc/Nec duoing if doing HS...Cleric would be OK though. I would suggest going to the Hole - HS can be a death trap for even the best of players, Hole doesn't have 40% of all mobs having Harm Touch.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Howling stones is OK - Honestly best XP would be the Enc/Nec duoing if doing HS...Cleric would be OK though. I would suggest going to the Hole - HS can be a death trap for even the best of players, Hole doesn't have 40% of all mobs having Harm Touch.
Yes but nobody is eating HT's with 2 charmed pets - I'm hoping [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even then there's a cleric right there, as far as a trio goes I'd be in there with one.

Don't mind the hole entrance, but need more than 2-3 to do further in unless the pace is already quick.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Agree with priest class, disagree with monk suggestion. Don't get me wrong, monk is probably my favorite class and I've played a monk on p99 more than any other class, but it just doesn't add much to a ench/nec duo. Ench can calm, and nec can calm undead, so there is really no need for a puller. Monk dps is decent, but with 2 charm pets, or even just one and a nec pet if you wanna play it extra safe, is plenty of damage.

A priest adds a lot more. CH on pets is awesome since most have higher HP than players, although I remember HS north mobs having pretty low HP. Quick heal incase of a crit resist on calm forcing you to eat a HT. Shaman provides additional debuffs on pets.

Or just duo, you really dont need a third. Or add another pet class. Ench/nec in HS can work just just about any class, but melees aren't going to be able to contribute as much as they could in a traditional group.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
close, but incorrect...

Enchanters group well with literally any class, so take that out of the equation and you are left with the necromancer.

The classes who group best with necromancer are Monk and Shaman, so my suggestion would be add in a Monk or Shaman.

Monks can chain pull for your double-charm-DPS-machine, so I would say necro/enh/monk would be an ideal power trio (I know from experience also). Necromancers can heal quite well is something people tend to forget and can easily keep a monk up who is pulling and DPSing.

Cleric and Druid are both inferior choices to the Monk in this trio by a long shot. Cleric CH is OK, but so is killing your pet and getting a new one. Nothing really makes up for the monks pulling ability/off-tanking ability/DPS
Necro+monk+enchanter is better than enchanter+necro+priest? For what?

Monk brings more damage and more pulling, and can tank with some effort (which may be significant, depending on level/enemy) from the trio. But necro+enchanter already has damage and pulling in abundance, and lots of CC and two pets to help cope with when pulling does go bad. What that duo needs in a third character is safety!

Priests are safety. Clerics have huge HP buffs and fast heals, CH makes pets better, and more roots and stuns never hurt... plus rez. Shamans have minimal buffs to help necro or chanter, but spot heals and regen are huge to survive charm or CC breaks, malo improves basically everything any of the three wants to do, slow is better than chanters and relieves enchanter for other tasks... plus damage and some tank. Druids bring nice HP buffs and heals and regen, snare improves charm safety, ports are awesome utility... plus damage.

It's not really a debate. A priest is the best third when your first two are enchanter+necro. Not sure why you think the best partner for a necro has relevance to what the best third for a necro+enchanter pair is.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-27-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard
Old 10-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Pff, safety. First rule of combat: the dead are a threat to no one.