Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good, i think Monk 1-50 might be the most rewarding of experiences. You're so handicapped the entire time, but boy when you start getting up there in levels you start kicking some f'kn ass.
QFT!!

It's tough soloing at lower levels. Find someplace with lots of blues and farm the crap out of them. Dont worry bout gear so much . The gear will come with the levels. Group as much as you can but don't worry about slow soloing. maybe befriend a Pocket-Healer and form a regular Duo group.

GF and I sport the Warrior/Cleric combo and its fun as hell!.
Just relax and have fun and don't feel pressured into getting rich fast.
Last edited by Engraverwilliam; 12-01-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: just to edit something....I like editing dammit!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Kobold

Casters have built in money making abilities with their spells. They can make money through buffing and healing that melee based characters can't. That's just the way the game world is.

Torqumada
Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Orc

I dont think so, get a good group that is sympathetic and you will get the drops apropriate to you, and when I start tailoring up- which will be SOOOO much easier without a trivial loot code (which was originally designed I think to prevent the over camping and free up content to those higher but lower players- lol)
I will find you out, and give you a nice set of Wu's once I get there in tailoring- which may be a while so don't get discouraged. I'll even make change for you if you want so you are not loaded down with gold, silver and copper, I will round up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did it all the time on Firiona Vie

Have packs full of Wu's armor sets and dash to freeport looking for the nearest monk and give it. One fellow called in his friend and I waited while he zoned, to give him a full set, too.

sometimes I will quest stuff so I can give it, there is a nice breastplate questn in Odus, has some saves to it for warrior types. I may just do it and run to ecommons *pant* from Qeynos *pant-pant* see who I can give it to. maybe a peace keepers staff, too.

lets see who is around on saturday afternoon

Maybe can get together with engraverwilliam: monk, cleric, mage, warrior... we could maybe go deep in befallen! lol
Last edited by Maneuk; 12-01-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Pretty much soloed my only char here to 44 on P1999 - A cleric. No twinking. However at 44->50 it will be groups only I suspect...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Starting a solo mage to fund another character is the easy way out. It's not the only way. If you group with lots of folks and make friends, you'll get gear. It's not impossible, just challenging.

There's not much point in soloing as a monk anyway, the monk is instrumental to groups.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

if you want to solo, i suggest ANY OTHER MMORPG (sans 11)
Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

If you're having issues with coin leveling a monk untwinked, I soloed a monk on live in 99 to level 50, and one here as well. Hit me up in game with any questions, be on Shaere or Machin probably.

It is most assuredly easier on a pet class to make money, but as a pet class leveling with no help, most of it goes to spells, so you really aren't rich as you start to level. IN fact you're dirt poor for a while.. heh
Old 12-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're having issues with coin leveling a monk untwinked, I soloed a monk on live in 99 to level 50, and one here as well. Hit me up in game with any questions, be on Shaere or Machin probably.

It is most assuredly easier on a pet class to make money, but as a pet class leveling with no help, most of it goes to spells, so you really aren't rich as you start to level. IN fact you're dirt poor for a while.. heh
If you're soloing as a monk, though, you're presumably neglecting to take a lot of loot that you might pick up as another class, so I'd be somewhat skeptical that you'll get more money in the end unless you're sporting some 100% WR bags or letting your AC go down the toilet.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Kobold

At level 8, naked with nothing more than a cracked staff (better than your fists until level 10) I could handle even cons, so I'm guessing you're carrying your worldly goods with you and are ignoring keeping your weight under 15.

Really, all a monk needs at that level is food, water, bandages and shurikens.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

Another alternative to getting geared is by being a trader. Now, being a trader is a complete bore to some folks, and I understand their perspective.

My main is a PAL. Hell, so is my trader, heh. I've geared me and my wife's toon (a DRU) by simply trading in the EC tunnel.

It started slowly. I scraped up the plat to buy a Bloodstained Mantle for about 50p. I sold that one for 125p. I watch the trade window for a gut feeling on the average price for an item. Try to buy below that price, and sell for at or slightly above that average.

We are L30, started in August. I have all my class specific armor that I want (BP, Gaunts, Boots, Legs, Vambraces), except for bracers (I'm just not seeing those for sale! Not once!) a Mithril Two Handed Sword, Diamondine Earrings, Hooded Black Cloak, Thick Banded Belt, the 5AC 55HP rings. I'd even managed to snag a FBSS for 11562 plat but couldn't pass up a straight trade for a Pearl Kedge Totem for my wife.

I'm still wearing a small bronze mask, but hey... I'll get something good.

I know many hate trading, but I have ALWAYS loved it. I'm well geared for L30, and my wife's DRU is already over 200 wis! The only thing we actively camped for was the +6 wis mace in Kithicor (Thanks Heddy, Glaani, Ellipsis et. al.)

I only mention this as an alternative to making a caster alt to just burn for money. The time spent may roughly equal out. I love the thrill of a deal, others want to be actively hunting for money.

I loved this part of live and p99. Kythe (my wife) still calls it a Lag trade when I score a deal in real life.