Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:07 AM
Orc

Did you guys actually time your load times to come up with a 5-10 second load time? I haven't but I'm pretty sure when zoning normally i think my little sh*tty laptop zones at about 5 seconds max everywhere i've zoned so far. i don't run anything with my EQ other then my Avast and background things. Sometimes i even go as far as to close the dwm.exe that is just a useless process to be running in the first place. my task manager doesn't have any more then 7 processes (8 when eqgame.exe is running). This lappy cost me 230 bucks after taxes, 3 years ago. AMD radeon with integrated graphics and a processor speed of only 1.7 Ghz. If this little sh*t box loads this quick then you guys should have no problems at all. My latency also stays around the 60-80 mark so that makes a difference. My hdd is also not how it was when purchased. It has been formatted more then once and im running windows 7 ultimate.

One piece of advice I will give that will benefit you in every way on your comp if you don't do it already - open up your task manager and look-up and learn what every proccess running is/does and get rid of all the extra shit in there. open start - type "msconfig" go into startup tab and unckeck what doesnt need to start with windows.

If you didn't or don't do that yet it should make a difference. you sound like you know what you are doing Xerical but this basic comp clean-up stuff can make huge differences. If you are not on a custom rig and have all the extra junk that they pump into store bought comps then get rid of ALL OF IT. (best buy this, best buy that, samsung, sony, toshiba, BLAH BLAH BLAH.) remove all that junk and only keep your video card settings program, cpu related stuff, and antivirus. anything else can be dumped unless you prefer other things.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SSD honestly doesn't make it much faster in my experience. I think GTA 5 loads up in about the same amount of time that EQ does for me.
I don't know about the pc version but on ps3 i have sat for almost 10 minutes waiting for gta v to load in. contemplated breaking the disc in shards and swallowing them out of frustration towards rockstar. at least thats the only time it really loads. lol
Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hate loading things onto my ssd but may have to do this...
Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Aviak

I have two computers.
A nice built gaming PC (desktop) and a bestbuy laptop (that I play on the couch)
Both of them play 1 instance of EQ with great ease.
I don't notice any difference in zone load times between the two.

I seem to load zones faster than most others on both PC's, which leads me to suspect zone loads are largely affected by latency. (I'm in CT, I believe the servers are just up the road in Mass)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I'm in CT, I believe the servers are just up the road in Mass)
would explain my low latency if they are in mass. i live in southeast mass. XD
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I have no clue, but I have a SSD drive and when I port people on my Druid I am usually always there a lot faster than the others. I mean in enough time to even move back so they don't Pop on top of me and be able to write half a sentence to them.

And this is on a old Dell Laptop with a slow i5 possessor with 4gb memory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No way the SSD does not make a big Difference.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

SSD makes a huge difference. I have 325 down 40 up and I was zoning much slower than friends with crappy internet. Then I moved EQ to my SSD and I started zoning faster than them.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

it obviously depends on your particular bottleneck...for just about everyone SSD will make everything, even if only marginally, faster than a standard hard drive.
Closed Thread