Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone else have a problem with the name "Blackwater"?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr
Hi, I'm Alawen and I care about my own opinions. Please give me attention.
This ^^^
Old 09-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone else have a problem with the name "Blackwater"? I'm not trying to be a douche or anything (I think ennui is in Blackwater and he's pretty tight), but the name seems a little insensitive. I think there'd be a similar objection if someone named their guild "Jack the Ripper" or something.
You may be a little too thin skinned for online games and the internet in general.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Well played, Zexa~
Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look. You jerks need each other. None of you want to recruit and train a bunch of 46s and then fight for space in Hate and Fear to gear them up. IB has a terrible reputation and they're never going to rebuild without their core. Dozekar has no raid leader. Blackwater has no nice guys to recruit the 46s.

I've had my fun giving you all a ton of shit and you've all proven your point that you got really sick of each other poopsocking and raiding sky 24/7. So everybody shake hands and get back to work. Your alternative is that all three guilds fail.

After you accept the inevitable, go back and read the post that you kicked me out for and try to learn something instead of being such arrogant and stubborn pricks. Stop shitting on all your potential recruits over the efreeti camp or the thunder spirits. You'll be glad you did.
I think the man is on to something.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree. Those men are scum for hire.
How would you know? Ever met a guy who worked for them?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Does anyone else have a problem with the name "Blackwater"? I'm not trying to be a douche or anything (I think ennui is in Blackwater and he's pretty tight), but the name seems a little insensitive. I think there'd be a similar objection if someone named their guild "Jack the Ripper" or something.
Yes, but for different reasons. It's pretentious.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Definition of Blackwater:

v. the act of firing at anything that moves with high-powered firearms, even if the target happens to be a slow-moving vehicle full of innocent civilians; to be utterly unconcerned about the loss of human life while engaging in highly questionable behavior.

Damn, that street gang just blackwatered that poor family.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

I play EQ from Baghdad and my grandpa was murdered last week by blackwater barbarians while innocently polishing some vintage Russian shaped charge explosives to their former chromed glory in the back of a pickup truck on the way to the antiques roadshow. I am highly offended by this insensitive guild name.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play EQ from Baghdad and my grandpa was murdered last week by blackwater barbarians while innocently polishing some vintage Russian shaped charge explosives to their former chromed glory in the back of a pickup truck on the way to the antiques roadshow. I am highly offended by this insensitive guild name.
Classic
Old 09-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll join Dozekar and lead their raids

It's nearly Billy Mays guaranteed that I'll rocket that guild into super stardom.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, you can't put a George Zimmer line in a Billy Mays meme.
Closed Thread