Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question about similar situation. I mostly only group with guild, but sometimes pugs beg me to join. I dont mind, but I let them know that it is only temporary until a guildie shows up. Is it worse to invite them conditionally or not invite them at all? Discuss
One thing to remember is that playing with guildmates, and friends as much as they desire is absolutely 10000% okay and fine.. But a "pug" is still a real person, haphazardly tossing them because your buddy shows up is only a poor reflection on you.

I guess if they're desperate for a party, and agree that they'll leave when you tell them to.. Okay.. It's their decision, but I would still view that as a poor reflection on you, and personally pass on the opportunity. (:

Helping, and playing with someone you don't know is one of the only ways to make them someone you do know. Food for thought!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Aviak

Ha ok. Well I guess there are two sides to every story. Allow me to share mine. You and also ask my "guildy" side too.

I waited at NG for a spot to open in Crypt for about an hour. A spot opened and I ran down. The group when I got there was all different people. After the first rotation or 2 the current rogue ended up having to go. I called my friend who is a rogue and he gave me a 30 min eta. We kept fighting. Around the same time out enchanter also left. So we were down to 5. 15 mins after that, our monk and shaman said they were going to leave. I called my "guildy" who was a shaman and he headed over. Our current rogue bailed. We pulled and drug both my friends to the camp (monk and shaman). Once they got there we were a group of 6, containing 2 of my guildies and myself. I asked everyone at this point how much time they had and Alecs said "1 to 1.5 hour". We did another rotation and the shaman who wasn't my friend and monk bailed. At that point we were 4. We did another rotation and couldn't pull to emp in a times matter so we went back to just crypt. While we in just crypt we did another 2 rotations as a group of 4 and our rogue freshly home from work was tired and hammered out. At this point we were down to 3. We finished the rotation then were sitting in safe point waiting on spawn cause we had it on a timer. I said afk, and told my guildy via vent I was going to sell something in ec tunnel while we wait. Logged to my mule tunneldweller and sold my seb croaking dirk for 13.5k and a hooded black cloak to a guy that name that Starts with a W... Can't remember. I logged back with 2 mins on the timer. When I got back alecs was gone and my shaman bud and I stayed for a rotation. Mid rotation Alecs Logs back in and /OOC "figures, blah blah meefus is a liar something" DOES NOT EVEN SEND US A TELL AND GATES. I wake up to this post....

There is the story, take it for what it's worth. Eventhough I am Meefus the Liar.

PS Hiero Cloak and Obulus Death Shroud for sale, PST.
Last edited by meefus; 05-21-2014 at 03:07 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol BEG

Who the fuck are you? Anonymous scrub 1502?
He's newer to the server, but Guanja makes good groups and sometimes people are desperate for that exp. Begging confirmed.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by meefus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha ok. Well I guess there are two sides to every story. Allow me to share mine. You and also ask my "guildy" side too.

I waited at NG for a spot to open in Crypt for about an hour. A spot opened and I ran down. The group when I got there was all different people. After the first rotation or 2 the current rogue ended up having to go. I called my friend who is a rogue and he gave me a 30 min eta. We kept fighting. Around the same time out enchanter also left. So we were down to 5. 15 mins after that, our monk and shaman said they were going to leave. I called my "guildy" who was a shaman and he headed over. Our current rogue bailed. We pulled and drug both my friends to the camp (monk and shaman). Once they got there we were a group of 6, containing 2 of my guildies and myself. I asked everyone at this point how much time they had and Alecs said "1 to 1.5 hour". We did another rotation and the shaman who wasn't my friend and monk bailed. At that point we were 4. We did another rotation and couldn't pull to emp in a times matter so we went back to just crypt. While we in just crypt we did another 2 rotations as a group of 4 and our rogue freshly home from work was tired and hammered out. At this point we were down to 3. We finished the rotation then were sitting in safe point waiting on spawn cause we had it on a timer. I said afk, and told my guildy via vent I was going to sell something in ec tunnel while we wait. Logged to my mule tunneldweller and sold my seb croaking dirk for 13.5k and a hooded black cloak to a guy that name that Starts with a W... Can't remember. I logged back with 2 mins on the timer. When I got back alecs was gone and my shaman bud and I stayed for a rotation. Mid rotation Alecs Logs back in and /OOC "figures, blah blah meefus is a liar something" DOES NOT EVEN SEND US A TELL AND GATES. I wake up to this post....

There is the story, take it for what it's worth. Eventhough I am Meefus the Liar.

PS Hiero Cloak and Obulus Death Shroud for sale, PST.

I'm so done even caring about this.. but you threw in some more "inaccurate" statements in there so I should probably respond.

I never said I had 1 to 1.5 hours. I said I had a few hours at least. The fact is, I just had coffee and was ready to play all night, which I ended up doing on another toon.

What I said when I logged back to crypt was "/ooc Imagine that" I then camped (not gated) I wasn't about to ask my way back into a group with a guy who just swindled the camp away.

Meefus was making an effort to shrink the group. He asked me in tells if I was cool with keeping the group a 4 man even though we could have added people. I had a chanter buddy who could have rep'd the one we lost. That was one of the clues that tipped me off to his intentions.

One important detail he left out is how vocal he was about ending the group instead of finding reps.We were not "waiting for respawns". Before the rogue even hammered out, Meefus said we were calling the group. He made repeated statements to the effect of "it would be too hard to get reps so were done" "were pretty much done" "you can gate now" kind of talk. He seemed determined to convince me there was no hope for reviving the group. That's partly why it struck me as odd. It was also odd because the three of us could have continued on without the rogue easily. Honestly, I could have duo'd it with the shaman. So could he for that matter which he must have also figured. The two of them camped out nearly simultaneously

Once again, you're full of shit bro. It doesn't add up that you were so ready to quit but then came back 5 min later to duo the camp. Now you're here trying to portray as if you were waiting on the next round and I just left. We both know that's BS. I know that at that point, the group didn't need me to continue but that's just the way it happens sometimes. Our group didn't need you when you joined either but you were begging for an hour so we decided to add you anyway out of the kindness of our hearts. Lying about calling the group to get me to leave is a dick move.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Kobold

How bout you play with logs on so when shit like this happens its not he said she said bullshit. Log in /log
Old 05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

^sometimes I do /log but I don't have it on by default. What reason would I have to make this up though?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Aviak

The reason I wanted to keep the group small is because if we weren't doing emp, we didn't need 6 people... When I was talking about waiting around I was saying that we don't need more people just to wait around for things to pop. I also never said you can pretty much gate. There was also no way to revive the group either cause it was 2am, 4 people in zone, and we had no rogue... You got it twisted "bro". If you wanted back in the group and asked, we would have let you for sure. Ask anyone that has grouped with me. I guess leave it to <Lord Bob> to twist a story.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One important detail he left out is how vocal he was about ending the group instead of finding reps.We were not "waiting for respawns". Before the rogue even hammered out, Meefus said we were calling the group. He made repeated statements to the effect of "it would be too hard to get reps so were done" "were pretty much done" "you can gate now" kind of talk.
Screenshots or it didn't happen.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a hostile take over of crypt camp, shady tactics confirmed
Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meefus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason I wanted to keep the group small is because if we weren't doing emp, we didn't need 6 people... When I was talking about waiting around I was saying that we don't need more people just to wait around for things to pop. I also never said you can pretty much gate. There was also no way to revive the group either cause it was 2am, 4 people in zone, and we had no rogue... You got it twisted "bro". If you wanted back in the group and asked, we would have let you for sure. Ask anyone that has grouped with me. I guess leave it to <Lord Bob> to twist a story.
hawk is lord bob?

the angle of this thread just changed
Closed Thread