Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about PVP servers before the 2/3rds hp max per hit rule was implimented? Just walk around a corner and insta cast 1 shot a guy D= bam...then time to go sit in bazaar til it's up again ^_^
Lol i had a friend IRL who did this on Rallos Zek to an Ascending Dawn raid on avatar of war i think. manaburned main tank while raid target was at 50%. looted boots of the storm and gated back to bazaar to sell them lol. was funny to see AD members start popping into the bazaar one by one naked and pissed while he /auction WTS boots of the storm lol. characters name was Voltaic
Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol i had a friend IRL who did this on Rallos Zek to an Ascending Dawn raid on avatar of war i think. manaburned main tank while raid target was at 50%. looted boots of the storm and gated back to bazaar to sell them lol. was funny to see AD members start popping into the bazaar one by one naked and pissed while he /auction WTS boots of the storm lol. characters name was Voltaic
I played on vazaelle primarily, so I never got any epic stories like this ^_^ . That said, my god, epic pvp story time !!

I was dueling this warrior in velks, neither of us could get ahead (coulda prolee ended him but was just messin around) He got a group at lower spiders, i eventually got one at upper spiders. I healed my group for 5-6 hours and was coming down when I realized...neither of us had zoned <_<. So I got an invis and hid in the snow pile just left of the main zone in, where the lower spiders group killed. I waited for about 15-20 minutes so that he would be at 20/25% and his cheal would begin. Right before his cleric's cheal landed, he felt the wrath of the gods and dropped D=. The group zoned out and he sent me a bunch of angry messages, but goddamn, I ripped Zugbuk a new ass that day in velks ^_^
Old 08-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about PVP servers before the 2/3rds hp max per hit rule was implimented? Just walk around a corner and insta cast 1 shot a guy D= bam...then time to go sit in bazaar til it's up again ^_^
And that's why I ran around with 477mr. Resisted alot of mana burns much to the surprise of the wizard who then got pummeled to death. Was a cheap way to kill other people though.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

So Manaburn did not come out till Luclin, so as far as I know we will not see it on this server, atleast not for a looooong time.

You have to admit trivializing kunark raid encounters was the start of the downward spiral of eqlive, Im looking forward to doing kunark raids and Velious raids for real again. I really hope these things tear everyone a new one for a while.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that's why I ran around with 477mr. Resisted alot of mana burns much to the surprise of the wizard who then got pummeled to death. Was a cheap way to kill other people though.
You might be thinking of something else. Mana Burn is unresistable.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Know how I know you're a bluebie?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

One of the very best groups I was ever in - back in EQlive - days of old, was a group of 5 Wizards and a SK.

The SK said he felt worthless, we were all darkies, doing treants in SK. The treant would pop, all 5 Wizards stood up to nuke - if the treat had the life left for the 'slow walk of death' - it was lucky... hehe

But I won't forget the SK kept going on about 'gay this and gay that' - it appeared to really upset on of the Wizards and they bickered the whole time about it, lol.

Up until (this was Vallon) some ranger wandered past us and started plinking arrows around, telling us we were evil for killing the harmless trees, we knew that well, we were Dark Elf Wizards, that was the point. He didn't last long either. At all.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiyah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Know how I know you're a bluebie?
Yea, I thought the same thing but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...it was 5+ years ago
Old 08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might be thinking of something else. Mana Burn is unresistable.
Not only was it irresistable, it walked right though the paladin sanctification disc as well.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it. Other than the fact that AoW doesn't drop boots of the storm, why would killing the PC tanks the mob give him loot rights? The wizard would still have to out DPS the rest of the raid, after dumping his entire mana pool.
Closed Thread