Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

So I guess we should stay locked up tight in the basement and ignore our kids.

got it.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cos EQ is played by socially inept inbreds.......

tbh I find that even folk on my friends list can be moody; cant tell from one day to the next if they gonna be talkative/friendly.

ALso i find that some selfish twats, dont concentrate on eq while they are in a grp. I once kicked someone out of a grp, cos they were watching a video while grped. Thats just rude and selfish. Also can be irritating putting up with people who have family in RL....they poping afk every few mins to chk on this or stop Brat A murdering Brat X, bit more of a legit reason but its still annoying for the grp.
You sound like a bundle of joy.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, MM was good times tonight. Always fun to see 5 different people come together from different guilds and work together to kill something.

And having an enchanter in the group that is soo stoned he doesn't have spells memmed?

Good Times! Thanks again Feign!
that wasnt me..

kalasin actually pays attention !
Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since when is not striking up conversation with a stranger conclusive evidence of being antisocial and jaded? This isn't Mayberry.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is waiting for a group invite still.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had the LFG tag up and was ooc'ing that I was lfg. To do more than that would be pestering I think. Shall I just beg? It's a freaking MMO.. we're supposed to be in this thing together
I find it hard to believe you sent a tell to someone and got flat out ignored saying something like, "Hi there, lv xx xxxxx LFG. Do you guys have any space?" It doesn't hurt to ask. Most of the social aspect of the game happens when you actually get your foot in the door for a group... in group chat. Say gets ignored because people are concentrating on killing things.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Banned

i prefer syrup

also susvain making sense again what the hell
Old 03-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tbh I find that even folk on my friends list can be moody; cant tell from one day to the next if they gonna be talkative/friendly.

ALso i find that some selfish twats, dont concentrate on eq while they are in a grp. I once kicked someone out of a grp, cos they were watching a video while grped. Thats just rude and selfish. Also can be irritating putting up with people who have family in RL....they poping afk every few mins to chk on this or stop Brat A murdering Brat X, bit more of a legit reason but its still annoying for the grp.
Yeah, that kind of thing is really lame IMO.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Used to be a lot more people who used caps and punctuation appropriately. I personally used to do it but found it to be a waste of time. Point is, without punctuation or emoting your message it can come across as rude whereas you might just be trying to communicate efficiently. Kind of like emails I guess.

And yeah, lots of people out there semi-Afk. The worst are not the young parents, the worst are the distracted players watching a movie or trying to multitask. There used to be a Shadowknight who streamed...... Was an active forum poster (don't remember either name) but he was terrible for playing distracted. Had to bail on the group it got so frustrating.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Kobold

I remember this from classic too, and it was a big shock the first time someone didn't speak to me. I thought I was being friendly. I'd start with a greeting, like "Hello there", then follow it up a few seconds later with something like "Do you have room for a bard?

And ya know what? Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't, and some other times they just kept doing what they were doing. That third one was the part I found a little offensive - when you actually have to get up and walk around me to go pull, then pull and turn the mob while walking around me, yet you can't acknowledge my presence?

So this happened recently. I saw a group of 5, and I asked if they had any room. No reply. I typed out something about "Thank you for your time, sorry to have bothered you. Please let me know if there's any room for another soon.", which was heavily edited from the original typed message of "Sorry to bother you - disregard my request, I should probably cross the zoneline and go fuck myself"

2 minutes later I get a frantic "Sorry I wasn't paying attention to chat & sorry group is full" and I was glad I wasn't a passive aggressive little snit. You have to understand that there are players who never read a word of chat in these days of ventrillo, teamspeak, mumble, and whatever the other thing is. You also have to understand that some people are not good at filtering into different chat boxes, and your /say message could have been instantly washed away in their melee spam or someone in the group drawing ASCII penises with a macro. You might want to send someone a /tell next time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

Who would have guessed another person had a bad experience with the gloriously welcoming and friendly bunch we have here.

I have been saying for years that people are not nearly as nice and friendly as forumquesters claim.

Your guildmates don't count when you are talking about interractions between players, as they are part of your team. Random people are what matters, and they tend to be selfish.