Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

do prot every 2 hours if you arent a baddie at this game, profit torpor
Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Guys people are selling Ferrari's for too much money. I have decided to stop playing life because of this.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was thinking of coming back till I seen this, its too bad but this server is done for the majority of players who are casual, this server is only focused on people who play 24/7. If you think any casual player will farm 6 months to be able to afford 1 spell you are crazy, I have much better things to do with my life.
So don't farm pp, go kill emp or guardian wurms or some shit. Or gtfo.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

^^ pretty much i got it 3 times for friends, from emp and protector, easy pz
Old 02-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

I understand some of you stating to "just got get it yourself." That's not the point he is trying to make. The point is this: Torpor was going for 50k or less, less than 12 months ago...even 50k was considered high! Now it's 150k...it's disgusting, IMO.

Server's economy is so far out of whack it's retarded and NEEDS to be addressed...for starters, it's a shame that the devs stopped allowing account sells/trades to go on, this was a nice plat sink.

Velious was launched in less than a year after Kunark was released in classic EQ. On P99, Kunark has been out now, for what 3 years with no Velious? What blows my mind is the devs never took any precautions to adjust the server's economy/market to make up for this HUGE, UNREALISTIC gap between expansions.

The least they could have done was make legendary items MUCH rarer - items such as the fungi tunic, for example. Remember when they were ultra rare here? It should have stayed that way. I actually suggested this a long time ago - but nope.

You can't even compare classic server economy vs project 1999's - it's that bad. My only thought process is that maybe the devs think the economy is such a small part of rebuilding that classic EQ experience that they simply did not think about the server's economy/market?
Last edited by skorge; 02-16-2014 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but then everyone remember that Shamans are OP as shit in Velious and started up shaman alts - so fungi and torpor prices shot up.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned

Its just supply and demand, how can you even complain about this. i play a shaman and i understand this pricing
Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just supply and demand, how can you even complain about this. i play a shaman and i understand this pricing
This is more than supply & demand. This is an issue of P99's market situation. A fungi tunic should be worth more than a Torpor any day of the week. In fact, Torpor was NEVER worth more than a fungi until a few months ago. The price on Torpor shot up more than THREE times the amount in less than 12 months.

It's the server in general. The market is so far out of line, from the lack of Velious, the market prices are just crazy.

IMO - item drop rates should have been adjusted to make up for the lack of no Velious. Something, anything, should have been addressed months and months ago.

I'm almost tempted to say at this point it's too late - for the next go around P99 won't have this issue, they will release Velious on time.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. People acting like a one time buy of 100 - 150k is impossible to attain. Even someone who is terrible at farming can do seafuries for a month and pull that in raw platinum.
150K *is* all but impossible to attain for folks like the OP (or like me, for that matter). It's a pipe dream. Do seafuries for a month? With what? It's hard enough to scrape up the time to go to a guild event for a few hours or some such. Such is EQ, and if it means I'll never have a fungi tunic, or some nice haste item or something, so be it. I'll live.

However, that's a moot point for the reason other folks have mentioned. The wife managed to attain Torpor, and if we can, anyone can. If you can't afford the spell, get it as a drop. It's difficult, but not impossible; think of it as the true Shaman epic. If you don't get it right away, your class isn't broken--you lived without it for 60 levels after all.

Danth
Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Banned

I don't know i just don't think its that big of a deal. And it is just supply and demand. Not like there's some conspiracy or something. Who cares
Closed Thread