Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Man I could be exploi- err, raiding right now. Wait I'm not in IB.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I could be exploi- err, raiding right now. Wait I'm not in IB.
O.o
Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

^ Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwkward.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Orc

I love how people think this guy is gonna go to jail to for this.

The guy is DDoSing a fucking everquest server. A free emu server at that. Cops could give 2 shits less that maybe 300 people at the most cant play a RPG. Sure it could be classified as cyber terrorism, but its a game server hes taking down. Hes not hacking a federal firewall or trying to steal peoples identities. Hes basically pissing off a bunch of nerds on a game and laughing his ass off about it, and when the GMs and people on the boards threaten him or tell him hes been beat, he steps up his shit.

Everyone keeps calling this guy an idiot and some kid with too much money. Well apparently hes just a tad bit smarter then that type. Hes managed to take down a new server that was supposed to prevent DDoS attacks.

Now Im a little upset that I cant play right now, but who cares. Go outside, turn on a TV, get a job. Do something else. Its not the end of the world.

Seriously drop the bullshit about how they are gonna lock this guy up for the rest of his life because he DDoSed a fucking emu game server.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how people think this guy is gonna go to jail to for this.

The guy is DDoSing a fucking everquest server. A free emu server at that. Cops could give 2 shits less that maybe 300 people at the most cant play a RPG. Sure it could be classified as cyber terrorism, but its a game server hes taking down. Hes not hacking a federal firewall or trying to steal peoples identities. Hes basically pissing off a bunch of nerds on a game and laughing his ass off about it, and when the GMs and people on the boards threaten him or tell him hes been beat, he steps up his shit.

Everyone keeps calling this guy an idiot and some kid with too much money. Well apparently hes just a tad bit smarter then that type. Hes managed to take down a new server that was supposed to prevent DDoS attacks.

Now Im a little upset that I cant play right now, but who cares. Go outside, turn on a TV, get a job. Do something else. Its not the end of the world.

Seriously drop the bullshit about how they are gonna lock this guy up for the rest of his life because he DDoSed a fucking emu game server.
No one smart saying that he's gonna go to jail for this.
Granted with the type of personality that this guy has, DDoSing a free server for his own selfish enjoyment, is the same type of personality that will probably land him in jail some day for other actions.
Why are u supporting this guy's hacking into the new host server? this isn't a good thing to encourage, and just because he can do this does not mean he's not a fucking idiot, because he is, for the justification he uses to bring down a free server for his own enjoyment. Gtfo.
Now i am upset over this shit, i wanna be able to play Everquest whenever i get a chance to, and not have to deal with dumbasses like these. its not the end of the world, your right, its just annoying as hell. and supporting this guy's actions is really not the way to put an end to his selfish deeds.
Last edited by Maximus; 11-30-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I dont believe anyone has said anything about supporting the person behind the attacks. I am pretty pissed that i can't play right now but i am not going to freak the fuck out over it. Uncle is being very blunt but it does seem to be what is happening. I just wish the bastard would take his shit elsewhere. (Ddos'er not Uncle)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one smart saying that he's gonna go to jail for this.
Granted with the type of personality that this guy has, DDoSing a free server for his own selfish enjoyment, is the same type of personality that will probably land him in jail some day for other actions.
Why are u supporting this guy's hacking into the new host server? this isn't a good thing to encourage, and just because he can do this does not mean he's not a fucking idiot, because he is, for the justification he uses to bring down a free server for his own enjoyment. Gtfo.
Now i am upset over this shit, i wanna be able to play Everquest whenever i get a chance to, and not have to deal with dumbasses like these. its not the end of the world, your right, its just annoying as hell. and supporting this guy's actions is really not the way to put an end to his selfish deeds.
I don't really see how Uncle was supporting his actions. Saying that the person behind the DDOS has the personality of a person that will go to jail is profiling, and that sir IS illegal. The server will be up whenever it's back up. Spend some time doing RL stuff for once! I know my girlfriend is insanely happy with me right now and therefore I am happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

you mean your hand

LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

He is reading this stuff right now.... of that I am sure. This whole affair illustrates how fragile this whole thing is, just one dedicated person can cause so much trouble for so many. Its truly unfortunate that everything has worked out this way.

If it was the (alleged) actions of the GMs, jealousy over the success of IB or simple malice is unclear but doesn't matter. I have seen the early hyper success of one guild on a progression server cause many to quit but not take efforts to destroy the server.

On that server the death of the bosses determined the progression so I can kinda understand but here, as far as I understand, there is no progression tied to the death of the Gods or whatever (thank God, hehe) and there should be plenty of time for the fast guilds to loot up and be done with the content for the most part and leave the way clear for the next generation of guilds.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly what is this guys problem? wat is it that has set this self-righteous individual on a quest to end all Quests? Clearly he's not succeeded and not going to succeed in bringing the server down. could u just be a man, act like a normal human being and step up and talk about wat it is u want? or why u continuously keep wasting ur time to sadden an innocent community?
That or could u just fuk off? get a life or end ur pain by not living this pitiful waste of time u pass off as a righteous internet cleanser.
Seriously thats probably why you gotta continue to hide behind the internet because if i ever met you in real life i would kick your ass. and im sure most of society would too since ur a disgrace to it.
Have fun getting jailed someday. Say hi to bubba for me.
Fucking idiot
i am the one that did it and i am gonna tell you why. i am a dev on another server but wont tell you which because it has nothing to do with the ddos. that is why i feel so strong about this game. i like this server so much that i was willing to step up and fight gm abuse and corruption.

rogean and nilbog they both were aware of what was going on the entire time and could have stopped it. when i saw users being banned for almost no reason at all i stepped up and demanded rules for gms. things changed for a short period of time but eventually the favoritism and corruption crept back. i told rogean that unless something was done i would attack again but he went afk and i waited days for a response. nilbog came back and started responding to me and told me he felt the same way about the corruption and favoritism but that the gms/devs would quit if he did anything against them. he also mentioned they didnt think much of him anyway. i said the fair way to end this was to revoke all the items that were taken during the hate/sky raids until they were reopened and permanently remove the mayong items until ib killed him again. nilbog said he thought that was the most fair way to deal with it but devs protested and thats why he had to say they could keep them. why are they so protective over ib? makes me wonder...

so now your donations are paying for a ddos protected server that is getting completely fucked anyway. how much are you paying now? $300 to $500 a month?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread