Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trakanon's banish should not clear aggro. However, from his spawn to his banish point - he should not chase said person. There is a distance limit on physically chasing aggroed players. When these players return to under the distance cap, the NPC will chase the player again. For Trakanon, the distance cap was around the front/gate Juggs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also curious when the change was made, he definitely used to chase people to shrooms earlier in Kunark, and he certainly appeared to the other day. I dunno, my job is to die early so I don't often see much.

One thing I haven't seen here is the particular Kunark quirk of mobs having a max distance they can chase a player from, although I never tried using the mechanic in a dungeon so it might not have applied there. Probably unrelated since the people that solo'd Trak on Live would pull him to shroom room. I never did solo Trak on my ranger, just didn't get around to it...
So, has this ever functioned properly on p99? If so, when did it stop working?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Being Shroomed does not clear agro. I've been shroomed and summed back by Trak while low hp getting hit by shrooms/juggs.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not. As far back as I can remember, he chased people all the way to shrooms on p99. Then again I wasn't at the first dozen or so to before he was tuned some more. It is most of the drama with trak engages and allegations of "training".
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I always assumed he cleared aggro and trak running around was from the guy who tagged adds having secondary aggro on Trak. So he started running after the add guy.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Being shroomed has never cleared aggro in my experience; instead it seems to put the person shroomed at the bottom of the aggro list.

It does, however, effect the FTE shout - if someone is shroomed and someone else engages Trak, a new FTE message will be put out regardless of the fact that the shroomed person still has aggro.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to me that everything works properly still with the exception of the FTE message re-firing on shroom. If being banished by Trak really is clearing the player's aggro (which it doesn't seem to) then that would also be incorrect.

There is no question that Trak used to (on P99) shroom the tank and chase him across the zone; it was probably the biggest challenge for an inexperienced guild when attempting Trakanon. If that mechanic changed... uh, I have no idea when. The last time I can 100% confirm without a shadow of a doubt was the day Ton Po's Bo Staff dropped, I'm sure somebody could tell us when that was. In the past year or so I've seen what appears to be shroomed players FDing and standing back up repeatedly, but there could be other explanations. It's rare to have situations where Trak running towards shrooms has no other possible explanations.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 11-18-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark mobs always had a max chase distance. As soon as players got outside the range the mob would return to normal pathing. Once the player got within the range again the mob would continue pursuit. I and several others have mentioned it various times in bug threads.

Also, no mention of wiping aggro:
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...55&source=Live
Old 11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen Trak chase shroomed people into the shroom maze at least a dozen times, if not thirty times.
I have a raid rdy paladin to snap agro that 4 u if yall have bad players
Old 11-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using Lucy as a source always remember to use the History page, not the main spell page. You want this link instead of the one you posted. That said, Trakanon's Touch hasn't changed in any meaningful way since Lucy was created... but for future reference!

I don't think Kunark max chase distance, or lack thereof, is related to this since Trak banishes to, summons back from and will eventually path to shroom room the same as he did on live... I just threw it out there as a possible but unlikely issue for research puroses, as max chase distance did apply on Live but does not on P99. Like I said though I don't recall ever having the chance to observe max chase distance issues in dungeons on Live...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 11-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

when i solo'd trak for my bard epic on live he shroomed me. i ran back and met his feet (all i could see) just past the jugs room with the lever door. so he definitely didn't drop agro