Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lolrotation.
yeah roatation sucks because camping mobs for 90 hours i a huge competition...oh...wait
Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah roatation sucks because camping mobs for 90 hours i a huge competition...oh...wait
No matter how fucking terrible poopsocking is, at least it rewards effort.

lolrotation.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

there is no competetion there and it must be boring as hell. even if i were in IB or DA where you get all the fat loot i would prefer a rotation over this lame camping shit. Just my opinion
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter how fucking terrible poopsocking is, at least it rewards effort.

lolrotation.
loleffort.

Do you use Hanes or Fruit of the Loom?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP,

your logic is so flawed i don't know where to begin....

you're arbitrarily picking a very small time frame and pointing out (the obvious) implications.

Let's see...I'd like to see heads come up 5 out of every 10 flips of my quarter. This is the most fair thing because a coin has two sides, hence we should get heads five of every 10 times...but look! Its possible that I can get heads 8, 9, or even all 10 times! I have done extensive testing, and this is really possible! The universe is bugged! We need to do something about this before the fabric of the universe unravels! PLZ HELPS MEZ!

I expected a simple minded post like this....congrats on trying to be clever.

On live EVERY raid mob was on a 7 day spawn from the time it was killed. If the raid mob was killed within 1-2 hours of spawning (which almost ALWAYS was the case) that means you would see 4 of each of the 4 MAJOR raid mobs in a month.

Why a month?

BECAUSE THAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF REFERENCE.

Based on this time frame of ONE MONTH you could expect to see guaranteed 16 raid mob spawns. You could also expect to see all FOUR raid mobs spawn when the server rebooted. This lead to anywhere between 20-28 raid mobs spawning.

Now for you generation next kids that did not play Everquest in 1999...Every server reset would result in every raid mob respawning!

Right now we have ...6 guilds that can do the end content and our AVERAGE is 16 within a 30 day period when we should be seeing a MINIMUM of 16 raid mobs per month. We should be seeing an average of 20 per month with 16 being the minimum and 24 being the max...but i digress

To say that "The universe is bugged" in a Emu is irrelevant. To compare the number of raid mobs that spawn to flipping a coin and it coming up heads or tails does not match the problem at hand. You would have to take 4 coins put them together and then flip them every second for 4 days. Then you would have to take into FACT that "Classic Content" guaranteed mobs spawned within 7 days...so your 8th and 9th day would by reference always come up SPAWN.

A month does not work for you? Ok lets take it based on 365 days with a total number of spawns within a year for 1 mob. 1 Mob is on a 5-9 day spawn that means your HIGHEST possible spawn for a single mob in a year is 73 times and your LOWEST possible spawn for a single mob is 40. The average is 56. OMG! see we get better than 1 spawn per week!

But that is where you are wrong. On live the number is GUARANTEED 52 times if the mob is killed within 1-2 hours and with it respawning on server reboots.

But but..we can get it up to 73 times! Again this is HIGHLY unlikely that we will see a single boss mob spawn 73 times in a 365 period. Just like it will be high unlikely that we will ever see 20-12 boss mobs within a 30 day period.

Point is that we are all cheating ourselves. The problems with the spawn variance are obvious and by improving the spawn variance to be more in line with true "Classic" this server will be a better environment.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

i actually laughed out loud irl when the guy who doesn't understand simple probability called me simple minded.

You asked for feedback:
Your idea isn't good. Close the thread.

Now, before you post again to call me another name why don't you scroll through the responses to your brilliant idea and count the number of folks who posted anything to the effect of "this is a good idea...lets do it."
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loleffort.
Yeah. At least they're putting in time, which corresponds to effort, versus a rotation that rewards logging in only when your target is up.

There's even less competition in rotation.

Irrelevant anyways. There's not even a compacted sphere of wintery precipitation's chance in an imaginary, exothermic location of punishment willed into existence by a vengeful Judeo-Christian God that a straight rotation will ever be adopted by the raiding community on P99.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
There's even less competition in rotation.
its not exactly less competition but less time waste imo.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not exactly less competition but less time waste imo.
The unemployed have the time it seems. Obama paying IB/DA to poopsock....what is this country coming to.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Sarnak

Any idea that gets us closer to a classic raid environment, especially one as thought out as this, is worth a shot in my opinion. It's not such a dramatic change as to rock the server out of it's poopsocks, but it makes sense and the math is solid.

And to fastboy21 struggling to understand the concept. Don't visit the forums when you're drunk man. You'll save face and you might actually be able to comprehend logic. Supreme's pwn post reply to yours made me lawl. Since you're probably too stubborn to give up and not reply, try to think of something half as well thought out as the OP's before you go making an ass of yourself again... braw.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 07-23-2010 at 05:45 AM..
Closed Thread