Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

i love you for the AC changes!!! <3 <3

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love you for the AC changes!!! <3 <3
You like the changes on test? As in you tried them?

Or you like that we are trying to fix AC to be more useful?

The more feedback we get, the sooner the AC changes will go live, or be adjusted so they can go live.

Haynar
Old 06-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You like the changes on test? As in you tried them?

Or you like that we are trying to fix AC to be more useful?

The more feedback we get, the sooner the AC changes will go live, or be adjusted so they can go live.

Haynar
i did test it with the last thing my warrior did: pull uguk stuff..
and the difference is great, the mobs dont hit for their max dmg all the time, but still do once in a while, i didnt test too much yet (only this one test) but so far i like it VERY much! gonna do some more testing on other classes aswell soon..
and of course the lord in uguk had a ghoulbane! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specifically, we have changed the systems involving EXP gain
What should we be looking for with this one? Faster XP? XP penalties? XP in groups?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

i did the ac testing too on some green mobs /lb / blue ones. i def got hit less from green ones , never had a max hit from lb ones and def had way less max hits from blue ones . then i died in srotemple by hailing the shit outz of the effreti . haha . he even missed me some times !

yin (50 nec)
Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj218 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What should we be looking for with this one? Faster XP? XP penalties? XP in groups?
Faster XP? No
XP penalties? Yes, should match what is posted to the FAQ (ie: no more Ogre Warriors leveling faster than Halfing Rogues)
XP in groups? Yes, no one should ding 11 levels for 1 kill in a group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faster XP? No
XP penalties? Yes, should match what is posted to the FAQ (ie: no more Ogre Warriors leveling faster than Halfing Rogues)
XP in groups? Yes, no one should ding 11 levels for 1 kill in a group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really didn't understand this answer.

By mentioning XP penalties do you mean you are tweaking them, not getting rid of them?

XP in groups? In what group do you ding 11 levels for one kill?! Sign me up, baby!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
I really didn't understand this answer.

By mentioning XP penalties do you mean you are tweaking them, not getting rid of them?

XP in groups? In what group do you ding 11 levels for one kill?! Sign me up, baby!
The exp changes are to make sure nothing, like Bumamgar said, would ding you 11 levels in 1 kill. You'll most likely not notice a change at all. There were some subtle changes to make of already existing mechanics.

short answer: Test the AC changes. Exp tweaks were coupled with the AC changes for test because it has global affects. Make sure exp is not exploitable. (if you notice huge gains for some reason, or huge losses, this is what we're looking for) :P
Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs up

The AC changes work well. there was a noticeable change from me killing in ecommons with my armor on and than with it off. I killed two pumas with armor and 2 without I then tested this on the actual server there is now a noticeable diffrence ac will block the atack and even lower it. xp thing dunno don't have a orge or halfling sorry
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

I never had a problem with AC on my bard and I do not welcome changes to AC mitigation.

In all likelihood I'm entirely alone in thinking this so you can just delete this post and pretend like there are no dissenters.
Closed Thread