Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Large Rat

You do know that guilds camp their toons at the, or near the spawn point of the raid target right? That makes it even harder for all the other smaller / more casual guilds to compete.

No teleporting would only hurt all the casual players / lowbies who would be turned off by the fact that they need to wait for boats, run for 10 hours (exaggeration, but it would be close to that!) just to realize that they can't speak elvish and can't ask anyone for a bind in Gfay.

Also since there's no SoW, and they'll probably die a million times since they can't run away from mobs.

If you want to try and prevent 1 or 2 guilds getting all the targets on this proposed server, your best bet is probably to try disable emails/vent/twitter/facebook/other batphone systems that guilds use.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangorange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who needs teleportation to dominate all raids mobs when you have enough alts camped out at spawn point?
Well you will have to excuse my ignorance on the high level game. I have never been there, I just see people bitching about TMO all the time. So I was attempting to come up with a way to prevent the hogging of raid mobs. I assumed it happened by someone who was camped there, alerting the guild, then they all port close to there, run in and kill. I truly only care about the 1-60 group game, if I could remove raiding I would.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, making the game to be played more straight up with no unfair advantages. So I guess in your eyes, you like easy mode EQ.
What you call easy mode are abilities that make classes unique. No port or snare? who would ever take a druid in a group again? Remove pets? why would anyone take a mage ever considering i'm sure you would want CoTH done away with too. You want all these things removed go play diablo 2. i dont think any of those things you listed is in that game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know that guilds camp their toons at the, or near the spawn point of the raid target right? That makes it even harder for all the other smaller / more casual guilds to compete.

No teleporting would only hurt all the casual players / lowbies who would be turned off by the fact that they need to wait for boats, run for 10 hours (exaggeration, but it would be close to that!) just to realize that they can't speak elvish and can't ask anyone for a bind in Gfay.

Also since there's no SoW, and they'll probably die a million times since they can't run away from mobs.

If you want to try and prevent 1 or 2 guilds getting all the targets on this proposed server, your best bet is probably to try disable emails/vent/twitter/facebook/other batphone systems that guilds use.
Do guilds have enough camped at a spawn point to take down multiple raid targets? That is hard to imagine. If all the raid targets spawned at the same time, that would take an aweful lot of alts. With severe powerleveling/twinking removed, not many people would have the time to have that many maxed alts.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you call easy mode are abilities that make classes unique. No port or snare? who would ever take a druid in a group again? Remove pets? why would anyone take a mage ever considering i'm sure you would want CoTH done away with too. You want all these things removed go play diablo 2. i dont think any of those things you listed is in that game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, I don't see Druids in my group anyhow, they are all off soloing. Pets, same deal, how many necros and mages do you see grouping. That is exactly my point.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if I could remove raiding I would.
http://www.farmville.com

That might be more your thing, no raiding, no porting, no sow, no feign death, no big guilds cockblocking you, no twinking, no powerleveling, there are pets though =/
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.farmville.com

That might be more your thing, no raiding, no porting, no sow, no feign death, no big guilds cockblocking you, no twinking, no powerleveling, there are pets though =/
LOL... no depth, no traveling, no items, no classes, no races, no factions, no dungeons, not hardcore. What most people are arguing with me is they think I want easier. Those changes I mentioned would make it harder. I really think blizzard knew what the majority of people really wanted, they want easy mode. There is a reason I don't play WoW, too easy, but it sounds like a game for all you power levelers, twinkers, and soloers.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobold

You're just making yourself look dumber every post.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just making yourself look dumber every post.
You haven't said anything of substance yet.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Ban spells, imo.
Closed Thread