Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Aviak

I agree with OP.
I have another example:
In Warsliks Woods in the giant fort, I sick my level 29 fire pet (highest one) on a giant. It does 40-60% damage alone, without me doing anything except pulling with a level 1 DD (Im not even healing). I then cast a spell that does around 20% damage to the giant, and it goes instantly for me and completely ignores the pet, that did more than twice or three times the damage I did.
I played a mage before on live, around the same time P99 is now patch-wise, and I remember very well that pets actually held aggro very well. I only played with the water pet back then, because they held aggro so well.

So I am saying that I think the spells right now have a fixed amount of aggro. Thats normal with spells like slow, mez, stun DDs, etc, but not for pure DDs. I am pretty sure back then DDs only pulled as much aggro as they did damage. For example, right now, if your spell gets partly resisted and only does only like 10% of its max damage the mob will aggro as if the full damage hit. Even a full resist will do that. That is not how it was on live
Last edited by Rhun; 09-11-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

If this got fixed bards would probably be able to swarm kite (not aoe kite even though everyone on this server calls aoe kiting swarm kiting because theyre retarded) and that would be fucking amazing. Went from like 52 - 55 on my bard on live in 2 days solo swarm kiting (yea the one where you charm a mob, not aoe kiting fuckers)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Pets need to generate more aggro please.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Initial cast aggro i think should be the culprit here. There is a ceiling of hate you should gain on the mob on the first spell/attack done to it. This means you pull with a spell as the first entity on its hate list. NOT just the first spell each person casts on it.

Case 1: shaman pulls with slow (it lands!) sends pet, pet gets aggro quickly.
Case 2: shaman pulls with malise, sends pet which gets aggro, slows mob.. mob does not come off easily whatsoever

Do with this as you wish.
Yeah, it's not this. There is a cap on initial aggro here. I can pull an unaggrod mob with tash in HS, for example, and my charmed pet will pull it off of me instantly like 90% of the time. But if my pet engages something first and then I tash, I'll pull aggro HARD. As in, even if my charmed pet had HT up and blasts the enemy for 500+a round of melee, tash will still pull it off.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Level 34 pet needs 2-3 rounds of combat to outaggro a 5 point level 1 nuke. Give Jobarer a little love please.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi, i just dinged 36 yesterday with my shammy and worked the last days with the 34 pet spell.
What i can say that the pet doesnt do ANY aggro or taunting at all.
No matter what spell is cast on a mob my pet will never get any aggro. I have to root down or tank mobs myself.

I played a Ogre shaman since 1999 on Solusek Ro server, had to log him in again to get the exact birthdate but as far as i remember i never had to root down mobs. I killed HG's in dozens back then or even IG's, but root was the kind of spell i never needed to memorize because pets could do some taunting or even generate aggro.

They are not meant to hold aggro on a permaspamming JBB oder blast in Malo,slow, and some dots ... but come on! a lill more, or any taunt at all would be fine for me.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Pet proc rate is way to low, sometimes my pet will go 2 or 3 mobs without proc. On live mage pets were procing fools. Pet aggro is non existant. I can let my pet beat a mob down to 40 health, cast 1 nuke and peel aggro. On live pet aggro was much higher. And in classic mages could pet kill naggy. Trak was even killed by a mage pet crew.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Kobold

I'll just repeat what was already stated.

My pet has to do at least 2X my damage to keep aggro. And that's not even including pet misses, which I believe should add to aggro.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Any possibilities on this one yet? I think it might also be tied in with the pets not casting enough problem. As a mage I can chain pet just about any single mob to victory but sometimes I really wish once in a while I could cast those fun nuke spells I bought.
Every other pet class has root to counteract the crappy pet aggro. Mage CC = gate. How fun would enchanter charming be if they didn't have roots?
Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

pets were never meant to hold agro

cant taunt anything over their level

not sure why u guys don't understand.