Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.miketastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many SK's are there now?
Soooooooo many. Look at all the WTB Dark Reaver threads posted in the last month.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soooooooo many. Look at all the WTB Dark Reaver threads posted in the last month.
Lol,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07K7LgwMrs4
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. 500pp for Dwarven Work Boots. 150pp for ONE jagged band. 200pp for a PGT. Ridiculous.
200pp for a PGT? Bullshit - average I see them sell for is 100, and I've seen them as low as 75 on a few occasions.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned

Aren't DWB best in slot for rogues and rangers? 500pp for a rare drop bis seems pretty reasonable.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I think most of you are just whining and not trying hard enough. If you look hard enough and bargain with people you'll get better prices. Most people want to sell things quickly and will settle for like 80% of the price they list.

Also, you can't complain about price-gouging for a very obvious reason; let me explain with an example: in real life if the price of, say, carrots is too high that's a problem because (a) carrots are food and food is essential and (b) it's hard to grow your own carrots. However in Everquest everything can be farmed/quested for eventually and nothing that players sell is "essential", and so the EC tunnel is just a shortcut for people who want to get good items sooner. Therefore, the prices of most items have a reasonable upper bound because if people gouged too much no one would ever sell anything - it's not like any players would be "forced" to buy from other players the way people would be forced to buy carrots if everyone sold them for a hundred dollars each.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walabaego [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt change the greedy factor of people. This is an EMULATOR. Emulator....Emulation. Eemmuuussss
another this an emulator so all items are worthless post? I never understood these, if the emulator server doesn't mean anything to you, don't play on it.

Or does paying $15 a month make an fbss worth more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

A few random points:

a) Everything is worth exactly how much some sucker will pay for it. Overpriced shit will not sell until the seller drops the price low enough for an interested buyer to send a tell. The only way to bring prices down is for people to stop buying overpriced shit at the advertised prices. However, see (c)

b) The advertised price isn't always what the item sells for after haggling via /tells, which is going to be based on how long the seller wants to stand there auctioning his/her overpriced shit.

c) If the market is overpriced and stays that way without reaching equilibrium, it's because there's an overabundance of level 50's with cash to burn inflating the market on their alts, creating a heavy barrier to entry for non-50 buyers that are levelling up to 50 for the first time without access to that sort of plat from HG/phat lewt farming.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
200pp for a PGT? Bullshit - average I see them sell for is 100, and I've seen them as low as 75 on a few occasions.
I agree that it's bullshit, but I saw somebody auctioning one for that price.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another this an emulator so all items are worthless post? I never understood these, if the emulator server doesn't mean anything to you, don't play on it.

Or does paying $15 a month make an fbss worth more?
Does not change the fact people are greedy lol thats all I was saying. Im not gonna elaborate on youre quote, just quoting for my own /chuckle. Greedy peeeople I say it with haands in the aaair!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Speaking of greed, where's my gear Wala!!? :P (: (;
Closed Thread