Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dying is like.. trying to imagine what was life before you were born. you cant because consciousness blocks it. Once you die its lights out because its been like.. what.. 3000 years worth of religion and stuff? still no ghosts or proof of afterlife.

Get everquest out of your system now bro or else.. nothing I guess. if you die while playing itll only matter to who finds your corpse
After you die I think the most likely scenario is that you just begin life again as some other lifeform.

The conditions after you die are the same as they were before you were born, relative to "you". So unless you believe in an intangible "soul" that is somehow permanently tethered to your body after death, you'll probably just pop back into some first-person existence, maybe as another person, or some random deer or fly or some random alien on another planet.

This is both the horror and the wonder of being stuck looking out the same set of eyes until you die. It's the same for random plankton in the ocean, but as humans we get to actually contemplate it.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After you die I think the most likely scenario is that you just begin life again as some other lifeform.
no, just stop. when you realize you only have one life to live you wont be a dick or a sad dick
Old 07-03-2023, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

I'm rerolling as a druid next time.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

I love that in this guy's wildest dreams he could feasibly spend eternity raw dogging bus-fulls of history's greatest supermodels or being a rock star or something, and he yearns for classic Everquest. Fuck I'd play as Butler Syncall, Maid Isis feels like a freak, feel like I'd also do a better job wiping groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purgatory would be coming back as Fippy Darkpaw over and over for eternity
lol
Old 07-04-2023, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"“To live, to err, to fall, to triumph, to recreate life out of life! A wild angel had appeared to him, the angel of mortal youth and beauty, an envoy from the fair courts of life, to throw open before him in an instant of ecstasy the gates of all the ways of error and glory. On and on and on and on!”" Who knew James Joyce predicted simulation theory
Old 07-04-2023, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, just stop. when you realize you only have one life to live you wont be a dick or a sad dick
Well if not cremated you do become the life forms involved in decomposition, soil, plants, etc.

Even getting ashed you’re likely to eventually rejoin the food chain somehow, else spend eternity as dust.

But yeah, as a distinct entity one life jah.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-04-2023, 07:53 PM
Banned

Ash is full of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and many other micronutrients plants use to grow, and animals then eat those plants and then other animals eat those animals.

You're getting circle of life'd no matter what mofos
Old 07-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ash is full of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and many other micronutrients plants use to grow, and animals then eat those plants and then other animals eat those animals.

You're getting circle of life'd no matter what mofos
your body ends. "Me" lives in memories. then you die. i learned that from Coco
Old 07-05-2023, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

What happens when I die?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-05-2023, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purgatory would be coming back as Fippy Darkpaw over and over for eternity
Fippy rarely does make it to the South Qeynos zoneline though.