Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

It all depends if you guys have exp loss on death.

If so, up the rates or nix the class penalties.
If not, keep everything the same exp wise to p99 rates.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So all these dumb oppresive rules like no yt, staff-suggested play nice rules etc... are not to protect server population according to nilbog.

Maybe nilbog wants to elaborate?

So while you are convinced there are is nothing to back up the arguement that rules or no yt have any postive effect on population, you sit through meetings keeping your mouth shut about the most important thing effecting the hypothetical new red server?
You presume too much, yet again. You don't speak for me. If I have something to say, I'll say it for myself.

If you read my initial reply, I said, "that rationale, with nothing to back it up, has been overused." Did this not make sense to you? It means stating something like "This will hurt server population", with no supporting evidence or reasoning is no longer a response I will consider valid.

You sound mad.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

p99 exp can work as long as there is a suffcient population to support grouping. No one knows what the populatin will be like. Concerns i have is if the active population on red99 during peak hours is around 100 after the hype of it being a new server disappears. 100 maintained population during peak is a success imo compared to previous pvp servers but is that enough?

I dont think p99 exp will deter people from playing on red99 but i think the possible lack of high populatin that p99 experiences will hurt realistic grouping and that in turn will either turn people away or make them play a class they dont want to.

Right now everything is speculation. If red99 comes out and there is 300-400 people always on then i wouldnt give a shit what exp rate is. If you log on and there is 100 people spread around the world you have to hope there is enough people in your lvl range that will group with you or you got to roll a solo class
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

I am assuming the population on red99 after the initial server opening is going to be about half of what p99 currently sits at. Which is why I am even mentioning maybe adjusting the exp rates or class penalties.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

BOOM for president 2012
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You presume too much, yet again. You don't speak for me. If I have something to say, I'll say it for myself.

If you read my initial reply, I said, "that rationale, with nothing to back it up, has been overused." Did this not make sense to you? It means stating something like "This will hurt server population", with no supporting evidence or reasoning is no longer a response I will consider valid.

You sound mad.
we all have 5 or more years on emulated pvp servers to "back our claims"
we know what hurts population

item loot as much as some of us love it
exp loss in pvp
long grinds
rude know it all gms to name a few

i also agree with lasher if theres 300 people you will have pvp in all lvl ranges and that will be fun
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Classic XP rates for PvP circa 1999-2002
  • +20% xp bonus compared to blue servers
  • 50% less xp lost on death
  • 10/15/20/25% group bonus (based on number)
  • Xp loss on PvP death

You gained a bit more experience if you grouped up on a PvP server compared to blue but it certainty is no where near VZ/TZ rates or any other emu box, in fact it's only slightly better than p99

If Nilbog is going for a straight classic approach to content including XP rates and penalties expect all the normal penalties from P99 to apply in addition to what I stated above... So don't expect to 1-60 in a day like Voidd box.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You sound mad.
You sound trolled.

...and mad.

Reading comprehension.

google it.

"no supporting evidence" is the key. The staff has signaled their intention to make rules which they in so many words state is for the express purpose to maintain a high population with no supporting evidence.

I believe i speak for everyone by saying that much is crystal clear. If that is not the staff's position. It would be wise for them to state so now and furthermore, state their reasoning for offering up such short-sighted, ingorant and god-awful rules.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Banned

boom for president
Old 08-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Just hope for the best and pray GMs will be open minded if the server doesnt pan out how they plan and are willing to do things differently if need be
Closed Thread