Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

What? Of course you can get rooted and snared with jboots. How absurdly overpowered would it be if one item made you immune to those effects?

Wow, the things people believe...
Old 10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Bashndash I'm rolling a cleric, I got your back buddy.

Everyone else was pretty correct. Playing a warrior on a PVP server is just like playing one on a PVE server. Starting out is going to be a little rough, but higher end you're solid.

It really depends on how the resists go. On P99 I won duels vs. clerics, mages, and shaman, but I've lost to other warriors. Get resists/gear, a good 2 hander, joust and los spells and you'll be a machine. Carry around plenty of clickies; with a permafrost root clicky you can really ruin a mage's day.

lol wut
Last edited by Mardur; 10-08-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Real question is Warrior VS Monk. Whats better?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real question is Warrior VS Monk. Whats better?
In classic, monks do not really have many viable options for weapons. So you are comparing monk fist dps + flying kick with a warrior with a 2hnder.

with AC/STR working and anyone who isn't retarded being an ogre, Warrior>Monk all day long.

Xantille will def be an interesting fight if he goes war again

Shody
Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, monks do not really have many viable options for weapons. So you are comparing monk fist dps + flying kick with a warrior with a 2hnder.

with AC/STR working and anyone who isn't retarded being an ogre, Warrior>Monk all day long.

Xantille will def be an interesting fight if he goes war again

Shody

I was thinking that this might be to the monks advantage. Monks fists scale with level.

Level 1-4: 4 damage, 36 delay

Level 5-9: 5 damage, 36 delay

Level 10-14: 6 damage, 36 delay

Level 15-19: 7 damage, 36 delay

Level 20-24: 8 damage, 36 delay

Level 25-29: 9 damage, 35 delay

Level 30-34: 10 damage, 34 delay

Level 35-39: 11 damage, 33 delay

Level 40-44: 12 damage, 32 delay

Level 45-49: 13 damage, 31 delay

Level 50-52: 14 damage, 30 delay

Level 53-55: 14 damage, 29 delay

Level 56-58: 14 damage, 28 delay

Level 59: 14 damage, 27 delay

Level 60: 14 damage, 26 delay

In classic, there aren't many weapons easy to get which can come close to these ratios. True at 50 there is shit for monks to joust with, but with 14/30 fists, it might not be an issue.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Orc

I was interested in playing a warrior at launch but did have some concerns as the OP stated.

Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of the races:

Ogre
Troll
Barbarian
Dwarf

Starting as a warrior, what weapon skills should i focus on raising? 1hs and DW at 13 and 2hb for jousting?

What would be a better duoing class? Shaman Cleric or Druid
Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Go Ogre. And wtf do you mean by what weapon skills you should raise? Use the best weapons you get... this isn't WoW.

lol wut
Old 10-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

druid for ports
Old 10-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Kobold

if you go anything other than ogre warrior you will probably be laughed at 24/7. Frontal stun immunity with highest str and AC in game is by far the most superior race/class combo of all
Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gankstar1868 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was interested in playing a warrior at launch but did have some concerns as the OP stated.

Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of the races:

Ogre
Troll
Barbarian
Dwarf

Starting as a warrior, what weapon skills should i focus on raising? 1hs and DW at 13 and 2hb for jousting?

What would be a better duoing class? Shaman Cleric or Druid
Dwarves are the ugliest and worst race in the game. Short and stout with too much facial hair is a terrible combination. Ogres and trolls are almost as bad. Barbarians do look pretty gross, but of those four they are clearly the best. Barbarians also have a very slight exp penalty, that I think is more than compensated for by the warrior exp bonus. Plus slam.

Why limit yourself to these poor choices? Gnomes and wood elves make excellent warriors.

Weapon skills, use whatever weapon you have that is best, as a previous poster said.

And duo partner? Shaman probably the best here, with slows, hastes and uber melee buffs. Druids do have a huge advantage with their ports, but as far as actually performing they fall behind clerics and shaman due to no slow, and poorer heals than cleric. Though I suppose a druid could keep something rooted to give them time to med/heal up? Cleric is a good choice, with the warrior having so many hp and the NPCs beating on them, cleric is going to be needed in the later levels if no slows are available.