Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is the purpose of this server?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also coming some time in October, we are releasing a new temporary server. Project 1999: Discord will be a new classic PvP server with permanent death. It will be FFA without a level range limit. Item loot will be present. Other specifics regarding the rule set of the server are still being decided, but there will be almost no rules with minimal CSR involvement. This server is intended to only last for a month or two, after which point all characters will be deleted, and the highest level characters will earn a spot on a new Hall of Fame section of the website. We will then evaluate options of closing or restarting the server, possibly with different rules, mechanics, and/or rewards.
Source: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210959

Also check out the youtube link Sirken posted. I'm sure they talked about things in better detail there.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

The purpose is fun, like a video game except for people who won't let go of their favorite one and who refuse to stop enjoying unpopular hardcore elements like permanent death.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in case anyone missed the discussion with Rogean and Nilbog, heres the link: https://youtu.be/mMZLka0sGhE
Listened to the first few minutes. They said they are making a new PvE server. That means there isn't a new PvP server coming after this 2 month experiment. Sounds shitty.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listened to the first few minutes. They said they are making a new PvE server. That means there isn't a new PvP server coming after this 2 month experiment. Sounds shitty.
Yeah but they will prob get like 200+ fresh players with a new server and remove some of the traffic from the stale blue server. I think it's lame as fuck personally but I just want these guys to succeed and not have to take care of 100 new mental patients.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Banned

I watched the stream, i was really confused when i dont know if it was rogean or nilbog that said they dont like polls and he wanted just the current twitch chat room trolls to give opinions on how the server rules will be set and he basically ruled with their opinions lol. if they want to know peoples opinions they should probably make polls so actual pvp'ers and other people that couldnt attend the twitch or just didnt even know it was going on (like myself)will be able to respond, not just a bunch of forum trolls pretending to be other people.

The idea of a temporary discord server discourages me, but the idea of a discord server is mind blowing. When it came to games like diablo 2/3 path of exile i couldnt play unless it was hardcore mode. I might just run around with 3-6 shadow knight friends and just pop a single melee round followed by many HT's. You have been warned.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

It's amazing with strategies like rolling around with 6 shadowknights you managed to always be on the losing side.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's amazing with strategies like rolling around with 6 shadowknights you managed to always be on the losing side.
one day ill be as good of a player as you.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Banned

Cool

what is the purpose you ask?

it is a server for the top red99 rejects to gather, grief and train / let their toxic personalities flourish legally only to lose again and still realize that they suck at competitive everquest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] heh.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

heh
Closed Thread