Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2023, 08:56 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not what I said.

I said, we can (and, as you suggested, it's really not hard) ... but it does take someone who knows CSS spending an hour or two to write the CSS file, and test it to make sure it doesn't make any wiki pages unreadable. If anyone is willing to do that, I'll happily "install" it on the wiki.

If you were motivated enough, you could probably teach yourself enough CSS in an hour or two to do the job yourself (there are tons of Youtube videos and tutorials and such).

I am a web programmer and have been for 30+ years on nearly every tech. There are dark mode themes available. I couldn't imagine something as simple and ubiquitous as wiki would be a huge lift to add these themes. I looked it up before I asked and even tried out the other wonky themes on this site. You wouldn't have to enable any new theme as default for everyone or even mention that the dark mode themes are available. I had no Idea we had some 5 other light mode themes. Did I not mention that I would be willing to lend a hand, I thought I did...

Again, love the helpful enthusiasm, but again with the backhanded responses - really? These kinds of responses?

btw, I would hazard to guess it would take more tha a few hours to re-css the site without deep knowledge.

When I looked at publicly available dark mode themes for the wiki, there were two.

I've solved the issue with Dark Reader.

You just keep on being you man...
Last edited by Meulaar; 04-27-2023 at 09:00 AM..