Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious era wizards are the worst class in the game and perhaps the worst class in the history of any MMO. FYI A level 24 wizard spamming nothing but that crap wand on a target will out dps a level 24 wiz using their very best nuke. Verant didn't realize wizards were bad until luclin when they fixed them.
wizards are still beast for certain fights lol and do amazing dps on kunark mobs. when you get VP loot you can do 21 dps w/ 0 mana on boss fights and 56 dps w/ 0 mana on regular mobs with rend robe and lurestick.

After my first Dain fight in Velious I'm pretty sure an epic mage pet out DPS'ed me, then the TL nerfs sealed the deal of depression and now I drop hella deeps on a rogue instead.

I still think a wiz is a vital part of raiding and necessary for any encounter especially when people are porting around for mobs with big windows but yeah isn't always the funnest class for everyone.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did I say that they should top the parse?
love trying my very best to climb out of the bottom 10%
Old 06-22-2019, 08:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

Just roll a rogue. Much better class.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 06-30-2019, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Anyone have a wand for sale, been trying to get one for over a week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage16 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have a wand for sale, been trying to get one for over a week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truth is that they actually get generated and sold as fast as they can be on the server since kurns is being vaporized 24/7, and few people play or want to play a wizard so the majority of the people want to sell it. The good news is it's quite inexpensive for how exceedingly rare it is.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious era wizards are the worst class in the game and perhaps the worst class in the history of any MMO. FYI A level 24 wizard spamming nothing but that crap wand on a target will out dps a level 24 wiz using their very best nuke. Verant didn't realize wizards were bad until luclin when they fixed them.
Hey look a guy who has never killed a kunark dragon. Wizards are boss.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey look a guy who has never killed a kunark dragon. Wizards are boss.
Artillery never took fortifications in history, therefore artillery has no purpose. The end [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Go team Wizzerd!!! Boom!!!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just roll a rogue. Much better class.
I love porting and quadding and nuking stuff on my rogue
Old 07-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
This is unfortunately so true. It's one of the many reasons that it makes me sad that Luclin will never release on P99. Wizards in one expansion go from port bots that you log out to play your rogue once the raid gets in zone, to clearly the top raid DPSers in the game in Luclin, which is imo what wizards were always intended to be.
Closed Thread