Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of level 50-60 clerics on this server do not have a Donal's bp, yet they still raid and exp group effectively.

A Blood-Stained Tunic will last you till you get an EM BP in hate which will last you till you get a velious bp. You don't need to play another class to earn plat to gear out the class you want to play.
It has nothing do do with stats, it has everything to do with its overpowered click effect. It allows for nearly impossible feats, that were not possible for this long on live.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of level 50-60 clerics on this server do not have a Donal's bp, yet they still raid and exp group effectively.

A Blood-Stained Tunic will last you till you get an EM BP in hate which will last you till you get a velious bp. You don't need to play another class to earn plat to gear out the class you want to play.
This is true of course, but you are totally underestimating how OP this BP is. I saw Liia and Tizzle at NG yesterday. Tizzle was playing his epic mage and they would just sic the pet on all 3 bugs and click the BP and win easily. Aiaus and Sentenza used to duo the fungi king this way without slow (just impossible otherwise). Sakuragi can tank Overking Bathezid in Chardok basically forever with Qelen's BP backup. I had a cleric friend who soloed L59 on LDCs in like 20 hours using this and a manastone for 300 mana/tick regen.

I mean, you are taking the most powerful spell in the cleric's arsenal, increasing its cast time by a mere 40% (don't forget the 2.25s recast on CH) and changing its mana cost from 400 to 0. In Velious Verant put the 59th HoT on a BP (like 1200 hp instead of 4k) and they concluded even that was too powerful. If we didn't know about the impending Velious nerf to this item it would be going for 750k+. I would argue the most powerful tradeable items in the game are:

#1. Donal's BP
#2. 2x Puppet Strings
#3. Fungus Staff
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Aviak

I know the value isn't based on the stats but instead on the clicky which is very over powered. My point was the vast majority of clerics don't own one and never will yet still have fun playing the game.

Doing something like buying a plat farming character and farming 350k so you can buy 1 item for the class you actually wanted to play is just retarded beyond words.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Donnals is great, but if you aren't raiding with it, its not worth it. Even at 450k its totally unreasonable, hence the current offer is 350k (still expensive). Also if velious ever comes it gets nerfed and becomes meh, and the velious breastplates are better.
I made so much more than 350k in a few days, let alone the weeks on end I was farming with donals.

Maybe you're just shit.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made so much more than 350k in a few days, let alone the weeks on end I was farming with donals.

Maybe you're just shit.
Enlighten me troll
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

Random noone has heard of calls me troll.

Lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

All hail the powerful Motec? Sounds like a failed IT business name.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Random noone has heard of calls me troll.

Lol.
I've never heard of you either. Are you some big bad P99 celebrity we should all kowtow to?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread