Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 01:35 AM
Large Bat

I bought a combine scimitar to use for fighting wisps at level 14. I’m still using it at 35. I think it cost around 30-40pp at gypsy camp in Oasis.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

if youre still near rivervale, and need some starting cash, do this quest multiple times for an hour or two - http://wiki.project1999.com/Deputy_Tagil%27s_Debt
Old 04-15-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

You didn't mention if you're on blue or green.

I made a conscious decision to stay on blue even though green started right after I joined. I did that because my play time is limited and I'd likely not get to spend a lot of time crawling dungeons. Blue has an old economy which means there's lot of powerful weapons available for rock bottom prices (although likely still out of reach for absolute beginners).

I got a couple hundred plat from my necro and twinked my druid with a http://wiki.project1999.com/Smoldering_Brand. If you're patient you can get one for 100pp. It procs a DD for 14 but it procs at level 1 and the damage/delay ratio can't be beat for a "newbie weapon". I've since upgraded to a http://wiki.project1999.com/Skyfury_Scimitar but that one cost real plat (3k).

The brand drops in the Hole which should be coming to green soon, but I imagine it'll be a long time before they're 100pp on green!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 04-15-2020, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome you're gonna have fun!

for a halfling druid here is a good starting strat!:

1. Kill wolfs, wolfs & wolfs! so many wolfs! collect the skins! All the skins, dont sell them!
2. Find the leather working trade crafter, she is in a hut to the right if you are leaving rivervaile heading to misty, make rawhide armor for yourself, make it and sell it to merchants for money when you get extra to raise skill!
3. With the plat you make from this the first thing you buy is a Scimitar! you can get it from a merchant, its like 7 plat! this will be the best DPS until you are ready for a real magical weapon that you obtain from adventuring!
4. Next buy the best shield (from a merchant!) that you can, its a small shield, red with squares and not round shaped i forget the name/sze but yeah its cheep like 2 plat for a halfy!
5. by level 5 with this strat, you can get full rawhide scimitar and shield!

I call this my 5 in 5 full inventory and spells strategy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] you can do this in less than 5 hours!
Old 04-15-2020, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome you're gonna have fun!

for a halfling druid here is a good starting strat!:

1. Kill wolfs, wolfs & wolfs! so many wolfs! collect the skins! All the skins, dont sell them!
2. Find the leather working trade crafter, she is in a hut to the right if you are leaving rivervaile heading to misty, make rawhide armor for yourself, make it and sell it to merchants for money when you get extra to raise skill!
3. With the plat you make from this the first thing you buy is a Scimitar! you can get it from a merchant, its like 7 plat! this will be the best DPS until you are ready for a real magical weapon that you obtain from adventuring!
4. Next buy the best shield (from a merchant!) that you can, its a small shield, red with squares and not round shaped i forget the name/sze but yeah its cheep like 2 plat for a halfy!
5. by level 5 with this strat, you can get full rawhide scimitar and shield!

I call this my 5 in 5 full inventory and spells strategy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] you can do this in less than 5 hours!
I'm at lv 6 now, but this sounds like fun. I always did enjoy tradeskills back in the day.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

What you find for a weapon?
Old 04-15-2020, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you find for a weapon?
Currently using a rusty scimitar. Picked it up off a skeleton if I remember right.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Buy a sharpening stone off of http://wiki.project1999.com/Bodbin_Gimple and combine it in a forge with your scimitar to make a http://wiki.project1999.com/Tarnished_Scimitar.

Same damage but slightly faster!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 04-15-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently using a rusty scimitar. Picked it up off a skeleton if I remember right.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if youre still near rivervale, and need some starting cash, do this quest multiple times for an hour or two - http://wiki.project1999.com/Deputy_Tagil%27s_Debt
Finally found your post, so I can thank you!

At lvl 1 (Druid) I was broke of course and couldn't stay alive. Then I saw your post, and since then I can play now ;-) This quest is a lifesaver! I have now all the spells lvl1 &5 and bags. Thank you!

If you have any other high rewarding tip for starting Druid level, I'm all ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not, this one is good enough!
Closed Thread