Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Hardest Race/Class combo on R99?
Anything Rogue 27 26.21%
Darkelf Warrior 51 49.51%
Erudite Paladin 25 24.27%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Banned

I dont understand how a warrior can have a harder time leveling than a rogue. Unless the rogue finds a steady influx of caster mobs who hit like little bitches, the warrior is going to have an easier time a) finding a group or b) soloing.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

The rogue can augment his solo ability somewhat with poisons, snare procs, and instill doubt.

The warrior, not so much.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Banned

there is even snare proc daggers for rogues to fear with

this thread is distinguishing the noobs from vets for sure

and yes tynee wars have a way easier time finding these "groups" then rogues pfft
Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

This is really hard to judge for me. Do warriors have the ability to solo past 30? or is it just slower. We cant forget warriors get an XP boost so if they can get some help they can level quicker compared to a paladin even though he can solo light blues at a 40% penalty in xp. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really hard to judge for me. Do warriors have the ability to solo past 30? or is it just slower. We cant forget warriors get an XP boost so if they can get some help they can level quicker compared to a paladin even though he can solo light blues at a 40% penalty in xp. Just my thoughts.
if they have no pals and no guildies, i suspect they arent getting that help you mentioned

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 03-27-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Fire Giant

I would say anyone past 30 is going to get at least a little help. Or they are being extremely anti social : ) I would say my kicker is weather or not a war can solo at all. If that's the case, then yes War = hardest lol. But if with some gheto swords they can solo at least some, then i don't think Rangers, Pals, SKs are leaps n bounds ahead. They just have less med time but with a end result of XP that is near the same.

That said. Any of those compared to a caster = game over without light twinking. Unfortunately... until we foster grouping that is!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say anyone past 30 is going to get at least a little help. Or they are being extremely anti social : ) I would say my kicker is weather or not a war can solo at all. If that's the case, then yes War = hardest lol. But if with some gheto swords they can solo at least some, then i don't think Rangers, Pals, SKs are leaps n bounds ahead. They just have less med time but with a end result of XP that is near the same.

That said. Any of those compared to a caster = game over without light twinking. Unfortunately... until we foster grouping that is!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Large Rat

Looks like the GMs are putting in time where it is necessary, making polls about some arbitrary race class combo.

And they wonder why no one respects them...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

This isn't a topic on who can solo the worst. I would say gnome warrior if that were the case.

The topic was someone coming here with no friends what would be the worst class/race combo. I am assuming at some point this person would make friends and group. So I am using their class and race to determine how fast they can get groups and friends. Sorry but a war or rogue have a MUCH better chance at some point to get groups which will equal friends.

A untwinked ranger might can solo a little better then a war but they have a MUCH worse chance of getting groups which would equal less friends down the road.

Also I was the first 60 Ranger in EQ. I think I know how to play a ranger and qualified to answer the questions based on them. Until vel when rangers get skill increases and some better areas they are just terrible. Even with that said I still loved mine.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Banned

Warrior for sure.

I still say Iksar due to the starting location relative to where the majority of players level 1-50, faction problems once they do leave kunark, exp penalty, and lack of available gear. Another reason I like this choice, which may be irrelevant, is because in the end an iksar warrior is much more valuable than a Dark Elf warrior so it isn't just tough for no reason. In Velious Iksar Warriors are good with the new gear available.
Closed Thread