Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Brain dead / assist auto attack rogues yeah. Good rogues, naw.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Banned

Rogue winning poll pretty handily atm. @Cecily what do good rogues do besides stand behind mob with attack on and hit backstab when it pops up and evade if ur tanks bad?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Banned

Not being a smartass I really don't really know what separates a good from a mediocre rogue
Old 07-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue winning poll pretty handily atm. @Cecily what do good rogues do besides stand behind mob with attack on and hit backstab when it pops up and evade if ur tanks bad?
I dont know how to explain it, but some people are just much better at roguing than others. Give two players the exact same gear and the better player will top the other in DPS every time. Positioning, starting to attack at the right time, etc. Little things that add up. It is an easy class but some are for sure better than others.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know how to explain it, but some people are just much better at roguing than others. Give two players the exact same gear and the better player will top the other in DPS every time. Positioning, starting to attack at the right time, etc. Little things that add up. It is an easy class but some are for sure better than others.
All that I can think of is having the proper buffs/bard and attacking early + managing aggro. But those things can really be applied to any dps class.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awareness of and control of push, mainly. A rogue is every bit as responsible as a warrior for where the mob you're fighting ends up. A good rogue breaks gates and CHes. A bad rogue causes them.

Pulling agro off casters w/o breaking mezzes. NOT breaking mezzes. Being able to pull. Efficiently finding and returning corpses to camp. There's more to it than auto backstab evade.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a Magician I can tell you that they're not the easiest to play. Despite being one of the laziest. There is a lot of targeting and micromanaging involved that other classes with utilities spells don't have to worry about.

I would say cleric because they are very, very group oriented. Grouping dramatically lowers the difficulty of the grind. It is possible to solo as a cleric, mainly undead. But where they shine is sitting(meditating) in a group and tossing a heal when needed. I guess a stun too if they're ambitious.
i meant which one can be the easiest.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i meant which one can be the easiest.
But that wasn't the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo mage is not the easiest. No heals, No roots, nothing. They have to rely on pets and targeting to control the battlefield.

Easiest class in Everquest must be the class that is easiest in all areas of EQ. Solo, Grouped or Raiding etc...
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

overall evaluation would be EXP an Raid duty.

rog out does mag in exp roles and greatly in Raid duty, CRing/sneak hide scouts/FTE racing while mags do none of that and drop mod rods.

Rog is actually harder to play then a bunch of other classes in my opinion. Those who think all rogs do is stab are not playing the character to its fullest potential.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

But your question is EVERQUEST not p99

so the answer is Beastlords.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Closed Thread