Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

To help my druid brothers out, you can bind above bear pits around the corner from Vox Lair (past the clickable boulder, just past the icy terror) and when you gate in you just invis and drop through the floor, the icy won't aggro and you can safely land in bear pits.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To help my druid brothers out, you can bind above bear pits around the corner from Vox Lair (past the clickable boulder, just past the icy terror) and when you gate in you just invis and drop through the floor, the icy won't aggro and you can safely land in bear pits.
I'm trying to figure this out because I know if you go down the ladder into the pits, you have the spider and wolf there. Now, if you hit the trap where you used to be OK and bind, there is a new spider.

How do you go about binding at this new location if you have to get past the 2 Ice Giants and they always see through invisibility?
Old 02-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were some missing spawns, and too many spawns in other areas. Didn't have anything to do with binds or killing druids!
get the shotgun Martha, the herd needs a-thinnin'
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarvox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Loramin, I can confirm the line of sight is still off.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Lord Nilbog any comment? I don't know how it was in classic, but I know you couldn't just walk right up to the middle wolf without him aggroing you (the way you can now).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never understood why people bound themselves in the bears pits and never at this location. Can easily drag corpse to ZL if you bind up there too.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never understood why people bound themselves in the bears pits and never at this location. Can easily drag corpse to ZL if you bind up there too.
I asked before so I'll play the dumb Druid but how do you get to this location to bind while getting past the 2 Ice Giants and the Ice Terror?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked before so I'll play the dumb Druid but how do you get to this location to bind while getting past the 2 Ice Giants and the Ice Terror?
If you go there when the top bear pit is camped then you can do it the old school way. Train all the mobs to the trap door and fall down to the upper bear pit. Bind and then immediately cast ring of commons to get out of dodge before the mobs reach you or whoever is currently camping the upper bear pits. Now you gate back.

Previously you would re-bind in the safe spot which is apparently not safe anymore. But now you can go up the ramp and bind wherever seems safest.

Other thing you could do is root everything you run into (starting with the two giants) and get to the spot you want make your bind point. Now bind and then cast ring of commons before anything breaks root and reaches you.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now bind and then cast ring of commons before anything breaks root and reaches you.
FYI Egress will also get you away safely, clearing agro, and the only mildly annoying part is that you land next to some green goblins and have to run like a hundred feet to get to the zone line. But, Egress has like half the casting time of the Ring spells.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI Egress will also get you away safely, clearing agro, and the only mildly annoying part is that you land next to some green goblins and have to run like a hundred feet to get to the zone line. But, Egress has like half the casting time of the Ring spells.
I don't ever plan to go back there. I grinded from 55 to 60.99 in those bear pits and hope to never see a polar bear, wolf or spider again!

I used ring of commons the one time I bound there and it landed with plenty of time to spare. I didn't even think about egress. Shorter cast time for sure.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Just use root.
Closed Thread