Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre shaman/warrior duo >>> anything you've offered.

You could do rogue/warrior. You'll be fine at lower levels and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a healer from teens on.

Playing what you want is better than what is ideal.
Thanks, I'll pass on the ogres. I've got a soft spot for the halflings (I'm a big Tolkien fan) and want the experience bonus, not a penalty.

In the end, we're going to play warr/druid. The druid will end up supporting my alter-addiction with the ports [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grouping is a bit of a problem at the moment, as I don't have much time to play and can only do it in bursts of 15/20 minutes... that's the main reason for duoing all the time, so we keep up with each other.

I know that the shaman would be better but my friend is playing a shaman to support my ranger. It will look funny to group the warr with the shaman, a barbarian and a halfling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't be opposed to druid/warrior. Sure you won't have the utmost capacity for healing or rezzes but you will have mobility and eventually (Velious) Nature's Touch which is a 1k heal. For outdoor zones you have track and harmony too. If playing seperately a warrior *can* solo with moderate to great gear and a druid is cake. A cleric is a bit tougher.

Of course, there is nothing wrong going with a Cleric. It's very selfless but the payoff is big.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Druid/warrior isn't bad. Druids are a blast to level. Ports are invaluable, and harmony makes great things possible. You'll do ok. Might get a little harder in the late 30s, 40s, but the druid can just AE kite while the warrior soaks up exp.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Or the druid can good use of snare/fear animal and the warrior can play a very smart and durable necro pet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You should be able to do that in The Overthere for a very long time.

Going the tank n spank route it shouldn't be too hard if you pick your targets well. A smart geared warrior can solo to 60 (or close to it) in Sol B. The pocket druid just makes life grand.
Closed Thread