Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

They are right man, a Shaman early levels is rough. You've made some great progress though so far. Don't forget about the good old Oasis of Marr. At lvl 20 the Deepwater Crocs are still great exp just don't expect much loot wise. It's close to the Commons and Freeport as well which is nice.

Around what time do you usually play? I may have a few items to help get you started.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:53 AM
Large Rat

I'm on Pacific Standard Time. Typically play around 6:30pm to 10:30pm my time.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:46 AM
Aviak

Get yourself a http://wiki.project1999.com/Poison_Wind_Censer, and melee low blue mobs after casting walking sleep and your strongest damage over time spell. Commonly sold for 500-800 plat. You can make these money easily enough killing hermit in South Karana zone, or just hit money making guides in p99 wiki section.

Just try and hit lvl 24, after that you get a decent poison DoT, regen and cannibalize. It gets so much easier then.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

If you want consistent groups and great exp, try Estate of Unrest MR til 22 and then FP til 30. Or Mistmoore pond til 28. I usually vendor/bank in Kelethin or Kaladim and then check /who all mistmoore vs /who all unrest to see which zone is more likely to have a group available. Then I head there.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

you could be adventuring Kurns tower. Maybe stay away from the Burynai tho if you're still dubious to them
Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could be adventuring Kurns tower. Maybe stay away from the Burynai tho if you're still dubious to them
When I went to Kurns at 20 most stuff was green except the Burynai and a few greater scalebones
Old 04-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Did you drop down after the Jester in basement? From drop down to zone out should be mostly blue. Iirc, even if you die you can drag corpse thru floor if you dont make it to the zone out in basement.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want consistent groups and great exp, try Estate of Unrest MR til 22 and then FP til 30. Or Mistmoore pond til 28. I usually vendor/bank in Kelethin or Kaladim and then check /who all mistmoore vs /who all unrest to see which zone is more likely to have a group available. Then I head there.
I did this too for most of my toons that weren't great at soloing. Good thing about this strategy is the two zones are not that far apart, so you can run between them. Only issue, which was sort of hinted at, is they are quite popular and may result in your having to wait for a group spot to open.
Tooround Tofit - 60 Ogre Warrior
Flyhalf - 58 Halfling Cleric
Eamonn - 55 Half Elf Bard
Blood Guard
Old 04-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you drop down after the Jester in basement? From drop down to zone out should be mostly blue. Iirc, even if you die you can drag corpse thru floor if you dont make it to the zone out in basement.
Nope, I thought it was all Burynai down there. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Aviak

As a similar level shaman, I did Crocs in Oasis until 22, then stayed at Crag Spiders in East Karana until 26. From there I did Mammoths in Everfrost until 31. Now I'm looking for a new place to hunt.

Last edited by scrapiron7; 04-05-2018 at 12:22 PM..
Closed Thread