Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Banned

I’m level 35 and I can tell you a bow is an invaluable and cheap tool to have at your disposal.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skarlorn has explained why a good SK would at least have a bow at their disposal as well as an assortment of skills to use with said bow.
No, he didn't; he explained why a good Warrior might want to carry a bow, then proceeded to name as examples two bows that Shadow Knights can't even equip.

Siphon Strength costs 5 mana and casts fast. It doesn't miss and pull targets the user doesn't intend to pull, and doesn't require ammunition that occupies valuable bag spaces. In 5 years-plus at level 60 on my Shadow Knight, I've only ever used my bow for fluff or as a joke....mostly it collects dust in the bank. By all means use a bow if you really want to use one, but if you don't you'll most probably never have reason to care.

Danth
Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

The only use I have found for arrows on my sk is always keeping one in my ammo slot so I can loot my corpse and have an item to leave on the body while awaiting a rez.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

I use my bow plenty. I can't think of any good reason not to at least carry one and a few stacks of arrows. and I guarantee you I'm more starved for bag space than your average SK
Old 02-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use my bow plenty.
What for?

Danth
Old 02-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

I am only 52 but from my experience any time I would use a bow I feel I am better casting a spell. If I don't have the mana for a spell I am better off not engaging and medding up. I carried a bow for the last 4 or 5 levels but just never used it.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What for?

Danth
pulling multiple mobs at the same time that arent close enough to/wont social agro, cast agro spell on one then immediately fire off an arrow at the other one

Also use it quite a bit in VP doing trainups.

Obviously how much use you get out of it will depend on what content you spend the majority of your time doing, but to flat out say theres no reason to carry one is absurd to me.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, he didn't; he explained why a good Warrior might want to carry a bow, then proceeded to name as examples two bows that Shadow Knights can't even equip.

Siphon Strength costs 5 mana and casts fast. It doesn't miss and pull targets the user doesn't intend to pull, and doesn't require ammunition that occupies valuable bag spaces. In 5 years-plus at level 60 on my Shadow Knight, I've only ever used my bow for fluff or as a joke....mostly it collects dust in the bank. By all means use a bow if you really want to use one, but if you don't you'll most probably never have reason to care.

Danth
This has always been my experience on live. I switched between siphon and clinging depending on if I wanted a bit of a head start. I eventually got a bow but just for stats since there were some good ones in POP.

Getting a 180+ range bow for a SK isn’t easy or cheap. With store bought arrows and a runed oak bow your spells have longer range. If you want to fletch you can make cheap 150 range ones (275 total with that bow) but that’s only like an extra 25 reach over casting.

IMHO, get a bow if you are a warrior or a ranger.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

As for the other questions I’d stick in field of bone TIL like 12/13 and Kurns until stiff greens out. Then off to Oasis probably. Getting a decent 2h like a Nathsar is good til 20, then find a harder hitting one when the cap lifts at 20 and 30. The Deathbringer Rod is great and cheap as is the Jade Green Halberd. The nerfed Cos is a great tip, Invis at 20 is money.

Have fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Danth
Dude, SK can use a bow just as a warrior uses a bow. I aint an expert on the SK class, but it's fairly elementary to recognize how a bow can find use by a SK.

No one is purporting the bow is the ultimate weapon and pinnacle of the SK class, but proclaiming it completely useless is wrong.

Some people play the game differently, and all this thread does is proves that.

By all means as a SK it's fine to never use a bow, but just because you never do doesn't mean others have not found uses for a bow or enjoyed using a bow as a SK.

You sound like the same people that tell everyone you have to be an Iksar to play a necro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread