Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 12:36 PM
Kobold

SoD must not be worth much, then
Old 08-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Farming Fellspine pretty much requires a level 60 factioned enchanter, and dying a lot of times. It's a great belt. I'd pick it over Cloak of Flames 90% of the time. And it doesn't exactly drop like candy. 30-35k Is a fair price for it.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Default Price

There is a massive difference between asking price, and sell price. People asking 35k, but are selling 25-30k.

i wouldnt pay more then 27/28k, if they dont take it its probably a reseller, wait 30 seconds and another belt will be auctioned.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:50 PM
Banned

Lol imagine crying about dragon loot but not being able to get a spiked seahorse belt. Sirens grotto easy AF. Just bring a druid, u good fam
Old 08-12-2021, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t pay more than 28-30k for that belt.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main reason for the price jump is that the pop and drop rate have been nerfed HEAVILY in silence. We are talking about 10% drop rate compared to before. The time spend in average for dropping one of these belts does not even come close to "well spend time" even compared to the new price at 35k(?).

If one look at the lower haste item Runed Bolster Belt (31% haste) at approximately 27k and the higher Cloak of Flames (36 % haste) at 50k+; Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt is still a very good bargain at 35k for a 34 % haste belt and semi ok stats.
I have no skin in the game on this anymore and haven’t camped it in almost a year, but I believe it was stealth nerfed as well. I have spent way way too much time down there and last time I did it I either had the worst RNG ever, or the drop rate just isn’t what it used to be. We are talking like 60-70 hours with no belt over multiple sessions. That was not even close to what it used to be.

Whether or not it was nerfed, the pricing on the belts always ebbed and flowed by about 3-5k depending on how many new enchanters learned the camp. You’d see someone new learn the mechanics and just farm it to death. They get more belts than they know what to do with and start unloading them on the cheap. They eventually burn out and the price comes back up a little bit when it stabilizes.

Was a fun camp but I definitely don’t miss doing it, especially if it was nerfed.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such a historically accurate representation of buying and selling in EQ. Still true over 20 years later.
Closed Thread