Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please fix the dumb NPCs. Oh, wait, that's classic...
fix them how? to accept 325 plat instead of the 3250 gold they ask for? That's dumb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fix them how? to accept 325 plat instead of the 3250 gold they ask for? That's dumb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the nasty joke is you are supposed to chase down a little gnome with jboots while carrying all that gold.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Bard Selo's, u can catch that lil gnome any day of the week.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the nasty joke is you are supposed to chase down a little gnome with jboots while carrying all that gold.
Quite the hoot! I got a hearty laugh those folks at verant sure had a funny bone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
**PAY ATTENTION to which NPC you are handing your items to. Of special note is Dugroz and Dugroz'z pet. If they are standing close together then pay attention to which npc has the flashing name above their head before you click give!
This brings all sorts of trauma to the surface, ungh. Just when I was beginning to bury it in a deep, deep, deep place and forget such things ever occurred.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This brings all sorts of trauma to the surface, ungh. Just when I was beginning to bury it in a deep, deep, deep place and forget such things ever occurred.
I still love you though <3 Sorry I retraumatized you. We'll have to build a non-classic zone for those of you with PTSD from that experience. :P
Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I still love you though <3 Sorry I retraumatized you. We'll have to build a non-classic zone for those of you with PTSD from that experience. :P
Judging by your response and my own personal experience this appears to be a big problem. I re-attempted hand ins with various foraged goods after the incident and 5 out of 8 times when standing in front of him and attempting to do a hand in it was the pet that got the roots and not the npc. This seems like a bit of bad pathing or something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not to say that double checking isn't the smart thing to do, but wtf that pet is greedy and I hate him.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by your response and my own personal experience this appears to be a big problem. I re-attempted hand ins with various foraged goods after the incident and 5 out of 8 times when standing in front of him and attempting to do a hand in it was the pet that got the roots and not the npc. This seems like a bit of bad pathing or something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not to say that double checking isn't the smart thing to do, but wtf that pet is greedy and I hate him.
could always get a fd class to pull the pet away and run him off to never never land while someone snares dugroz. or roots him and roots the pet - have both people zone and your faction should be fine with dugroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trust me. I know the pain of handing things to the wrong NPC...or to a charmed NPC and clicking "Give" at the exact moment charm breaks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

OHAI. bump!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

This thread reminds me that Project 1999 quest functionality is not identical to early EQ. I realize the developers are aware of this, and that there are no plans to change this game behavior. I'm posting this hopefully for the benefit of other players.

Original pre-Kunark EverQuest had a quest checklist for each NPC. If you handed all items in and completed the checklist before the NPC was despawned or else awarded a different PC, you got the award (faction hits / coins / quest award items / misc scripted game behavior such as NPCs spawning, aggroing, etc.) On P99, the checklist is there, however the list typically must be completed all at once.

There are exceptions. In Qeynos newbie area, Lashun Novashine will only accept one bonechip at a time, and only heals / grants faction on every other quest. On the live servers, you could hand in two (unstacked) at once. Doing this on P99 causes Lashun to eat any extras.

JBoots work very similarly to the original EQ quest checklist. The quest specifically allows Multi-Questing, however it requires payment in gp rather then other currencies. On the live servers, Hasten allowed any coin that added to the correct amount, as described below.

Original EQ was far more flexible about coin hand-ins. I tested the Miller wolf and bear clothes quests way back when. The quests could all be completed with coin totaling the correct amount. 15gp worked just as well as 14gp, 9sp, 10cp. In fact, I could hand in the appropriate skin along with 14gp, 9sp, 9cp, then complete the quest by handing in 1cp. This was pre-Kunark, but may have been patched in post-launch by a couple of months.

Summing it all up, Project 1999 quests are very particular. Review the quest dialog and the P99 wiki before doing any serious hand-ins.
Closed Thread