Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quads are what make DW worth using. You can't say that DA doesn't matter.
This is a big point, imo. DW skill increases obviously make DW better, but until you can DA with offhand you're really held back.

I can't find specific literature atm about when your offhand can start DAing, but I want to say its 150 skill. I might be wrong (anybody know definitively?) but before that its my understanding that you can't quad.

EDIT: English is hard.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Does off hand DA have a 150 skill penalty? or is it simply a flip switch between being able to use the ability at full skill versus not at all?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

2 handers on average are slow, and because of that you can cast a spell in between swings. I would go 2 Hander also till Epic or 55ish.

So good way to raise your DPS, or even save your butt, which seems to hang a lot, if you know what I mean. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Ok thanks for all of the advice. It's a bummer because dual wield is just *fun* - well, since I equate fun in Everquest to watching a stream of white "you hit x for x" text fun.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is off-hand DA chance equal to primary? If not, how is it calculated?
Yes it is.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does off hand DA have a 150 skill penalty? or is it simply a flip switch between being able to use the ability at full skill versus not at all?
Flips a switch.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quads are what make DW worth using. You can't say that DA doesn't matter.
For anyone level 29 or over, yes you can.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok thanks for all of the advice. It's a bummer because dual wield is just *fun* - well, since I equate fun in Everquest to watching a stream of white "you hit x for x" text fun.
Yeah I know what you mean. I love on my Monk with the Epic, how fast I can spam my window with my hits on it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cool stuff compared to a slow 2 hander for sure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I know what you mean. I love on my Monk with the Epic, how fast I can spam my window with my hits on it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cool stuff compared to a slow 2 hander for sure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can have a lot of fun later on with ranger with spam (mostly for pushing casters and forcing interrupts) by tossing a Rev Whip from Hate into main-hand (5/14). Numbers just fly when you're swinging at 7 delay with proper haste.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Kobold

So just out of curiosity, say you already have a Wurm/Lammy on other toons and are level 24 with swiftblade. Fashionquest aside, is the woodsman staff THAT much better?
Closed Thread