Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who can easily be convinced of almost anything by the adults who are entrusted to guide them through reality?
Like the idea that an obese man in a magical sled can squeeze down every chimney in the world in one night to bring them presents?

Kids suggestible? Nah

I’ve noticed co-workers manipulating children to an outcome they want (usually the healthiest one) in a behavioral health assessment and pointed it out to them. Things such as raising one’s tone and slightly nodding (providing the answer they are seeking non-verbally) when asking the kid an important question

It’s incredibly easy to manipulate a child
Old 04-24-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does, and according to who? Children experiencing "gender confusion"? Or the teaching of niche bougie sexual concepts to 8 year olds, who can easily be convinced of almost anything by the adults who are entrusted to guide them through reality?
The transgender suicide thing. That's what the curriculum was/is trying to fix, according to the TV lady.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Transition shouldn't be a public or political issue. Sadly bad actors are making it one. And kids are caught helpless in a tug of war being pressured and indoctrinationated by both sides.

The solution is to keep the government out of all of this stuff and keep it private. And provide safety and support for the literal 0.01% who otherwise will wind up dead and disabled if forced to integrate into the shity system we have created. Or forced into conversion.

They aren't special. They are the walking dead in the world we have and the left cannot change that.

There's exceptions, however no amount of progressive policy will save trans lives in Florida. Because you cannot force corrupt sexist domineering toxic shitlords to care for someone fragile and vulnerable with special needs.

When the left pretends trans people are heroes and special and powerful and won't have hardship. They are lying and deceiving especially when they can't or won't do anything to help and leave them "half way" a target for predatory assholes and shitlords.

Fucking hell.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The transgender suicide thing. That's what the curriculum was/is trying to fix, according to the TV lady.
The problem is using suicidality as leverage for compliance reinforces the wrong lesson

It teaches that people only pay attention to me and my needs when I threaten to kill myself, or when they suspect my safety is in jeopardy somehow

We’ll never see a reduction in suicidality under those circumstances. It’s always going to be much more difficult to get attention through a positive means than negative. We have to pay attention to a cry for help, but not offer the possibility as a reason for everyone else to behave a certain way
Old 04-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Banned

It’s similar to that horrible show “13 reasons why” reinforced the idea of suicide to kids by glamorizing it

In the show kid completes suicide, and then everyone that wronged her felt bad about it and learned a lesson

That is NOT how life works, that is not how it always goes. And even if it did, that is far too high a price to pay for that lesson. It’s a horrible horrible message to send to kids, and got the criticism it deserved in spades
Old 04-24-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the suicidality thing is a *really* ugly tactic that people with perverse incentives leverage. Meanwhile, 99.9% of *actual kids* probably have no idea wtf all these insane adults are arguing about.

Like seriously I'm sorry, but if somebody genuinely feels that they were "born as the wrong gender", that's something you're going to fully understand and be able to properly analyze only when you like leave home for the first time and travel and start to understand the world, at a bare minimum. Not when you're 8 and obsessed with trucks or whatever.

Teachers clutching their pearls over "attacks on educators" are just hilarious too. Like, okay great you're a teacher, but *what are you teaching*?? As if you can't ever be a bad teacher? That's what the entire argument and bill is over.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah the suicidality thing is a *really* ugly tactic that people with perverse incentives leverage. Meanwhile, 99.9% of *actual kids* probably have no idea wtf all these insane adults are arguing about.

Like seriously I'm sorry, but if somebody genuinely feels that they were "born as the wrong gender", that's something you're going to fully understand and be able to properly analyze only when you like leave home for the first time and travel and start to understand the world, at a bare minimum. Not when you're 8 and obsessed with trucks or whatever.

Teachers clutching their pearls over "attacks on educators" are just hilarious too. Like, okay great you're a teacher, but *what are you teaching*?? As if you can't ever be a bad teacher? That's what the entire argument and bill is over.
The idea is to lower the mortality rate for the cohort by destigmatizing gender identity early. It's good programming.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea is to lower the mortality rate for the cohort by destigmatizing gender identity early. It's good programming.
It’s the complete opposite of good programming. It’s reinforcing that the control the person has of their environment (something we all want to some degree whether we understand and acknowledge it or not) is through their safety. Others are only concerned about my safety, therefore my safety is the best method to control what those others do and how they feel about me. If my safety isn’t in jeopardy, I have lost some of my control

It’s really bad programming
Old 04-24-2022, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s the complete opposite of good programming. It’s reinforcing that the control the person has of their environment (something we all want to some degree whether we understand and acknowledge it or not) is through their safety. Others are only concerned about my safety, therefore my safety is the best method to control what those others do and how they feel about me. If my safety isn’t in jeopardy, I have lost some of my control

It’s really bad programming
You're mistaking the argument we're having with the lesson being taught to students, dingus.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s similar to that horrible show “13 reasons why” reinforced the idea of suicide to kids by glamorizing it

In the show kid completes suicide, and then everyone that wronged her felt bad about it and learned a lesson

That is NOT how life works, that is not how it always goes. And even if it did, that is far too high a price to pay for that lesson. It’s a horrible horrible message to send to kids, and got the criticism it deserved in spades
This ^^^^^^^^^^
Closed Thread