Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are the one making the claim that my data is invalid because solo and group DPS differ significantly.
I present the above quote as evidence that DSM continues to misinterpret/misunderstand the posts of his peers, or is [intentionally or otherwise] misconstruing his understanding.

Your data is invalid because it is irrelevant, and this has already been stated to you multiple times by multiple people. Ignoring the facts will not make them go away hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am also not sure why your posts would indicate that you think claiming that others have made claims (whether true or not) somehow changes the irrefutable fact that the only data you have provided is not relevant to the context of this discussion and to the challenge Troxx presented to you in it (as has been explained to you multiple times by multiple posters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not making that claim at all. It is up to you to prove solo DPS and group DPS differ to the point where my data is invalid.
The problem is you seem to think that "others need to prove solo DPS and group DPS differ to the point where your data is invalid", when in reality the data/evidence that you have thus far provided is simply irrelevant (read: not the requested/relevant data) for the reasons already provided (this thread and the posts in it are evidence, particularly the posts you have ignored, misunderstood or [intentionally or otherwise[ misconstrued your true understanding of), and it is simply up to you to provide relevant/requested data.

Quote:
I have provided more data than all the posters combined.
You have not provided the relevant/requested data. Irrelevant data (such as data pertaining to the DPS of a Shaman root-rotting mobs for example) might be meaningful to you, and you might think it has value/relevance in the context of this discussion, but unfortunately (for you) it is not meaningful to this discussion or to the other posters engaged in this discussion (as has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple posters).

Quote:
It is not my responsibility to gather your data too lol.
You have provided zero evidence that others have requested you to "gather their data for them", so I am not sure what point you think you're making or why you seemingly believe that this straw man you've built changes the facts (such as that you have not provided the relevant/requested information) - it doesn't.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-06-2022 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I do understand burden of proof just fine
It seems you do not. You're making a claim that everyone thus far unanimously disagrees with and goes against what is generally considered common sense. It's not up to US to prove the default stance. That's like if both of us walked outside and looked up and you said the sky is red and I disagreed and said it's blue. Would it then be my burden of proof to prove it's blue or yours to prove it's red? The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. You attempted to do so but fell short of adequate proof with data that was acquired under different conditions than the ones being discussed. You may feel like the conditions don't matter and the data will be the same but I respectfully disagree and so does everyone else thus far. You can't just claim it'll be the same you have to prove it and you have not done so.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 09-06-2022, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not a professional but I do a fair bit of programming. I can assure you variables matter and no matter how many times you go over something in your head sometimes things just don't play out the way you think they will. This is why testing is important and you do not test for what happens under a specific condition by doing something different and assuming it'll be the same. Very often it will not and for reasons you can't or didn't think about ahead of time.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems you do not. You're making a claim that everyone thus far unanimously disagrees with and goes against what is generally considered common sense. It's not up to US to prove the default stance. That's like if both of us walked outside and looked up and you said the sky is red and I disagreed and said it's blue. Would it then be my burden of proof to prove it's blue or yours to prove it's red? The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. You attempted to do so but fell short of adequate proof with data that was acquired under different conditions than the ones being discussed. You may feel like the conditions don't matter and the data will be the same but I respectfully disagree and so does everyone else thus far. You can't just claim it'll be the same you have to prove it and you have not done so.
No. You do not understand.

The debate is about Shaman DPS vs. Mage DPS. Both sides made a claim about DPS, and both sides provided evidence backing up the claim. After the data was reviewed, a new claim was made that my data is invalid.

That new claim needs evidence, or it remains an unfounded claim. You do not get to just keep claiming "your evidence is wrong" without proof. Otherwise it doesn't matter how much data the other side provides, you can just keep making that argument indefinitely.

If you say "your photo was photoshopped!", it is not up to the person who provided the photo to prove it is genuine. That is trying to prove a negative. It is up to the side making the claim that "the photo is photoshopped" to provide evidence showing this is the case.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

The debate is about Shaman DPS vs. Mage DPS. Both sides made a claim about DPS, and both sides provided evidence backing up the claim. After the data was reviewed, a new claim was made that my data is invalid.

That new claim needs evidence, or it remains an unfounded claim. You do not get to just keep claiming "your evidence is wrong" without proof. Otherwise it doesn't matter how much data the other side provides, you can just keep making that argument indefinitely.

If you say "your photo was photoshopped!", it is not up to the person who provided the photo to prove it is genuine. That is trying to prove a negative. It is up to the side making the claim that "the photo is photoshopped" to provide evidence showing this is the case.
Everyone: Sky is blue
DSM: Nope it's red
Everyone: Prove it
DSM: Here's a picture of a squirrel
Everyone: That isn't evidence for what we were discussing
DSM: Prove it

Old 09-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

If you're going to make a ridiculous outlandish claim then do it. But be prepared to provide evidence under similar conditions to the topic at hand. Otherwise people can (and should) dismiss your claims as bullshit.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone: Sky is blue
DSM: Nope it's red
Everyone: Prove it
DSM: Here's a picture of a squirrel
Everyone: That isn't evidence for what we were discussing
DSM: Prove it
I explained burden of proof correctly. I would urge you to read it again more carefully. You are asking me to prove a negative by asking me to provide evidence that my evidence is valid lol. You need to provide evidence as to why my evidence is invalid. So far you haven't shown why group DPS will differ significantly.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No. You seemingly continue to ignore irrefutable facts, and/or you seemingly misunderstand or (intentionally or otherwise) are misconstruing your true understanding.

Quote:
The debate is about Shaman DPS vs. Mage DPS.
In a high level, fast-paced killing DPS group hehe. This really isn't hard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Both sides made a claim about DPS, and both sides provided evidence backing up the claim.
Your data is invalid because it is irrelevant, and this has already been stated to you multiple times by multiple people. Ignoring the facts will not make them go away hehe. I am also not sure why your posts would indicate that you think claiming that others have made claims (whether true or not) somehow changes the irrefutable fact that the only data you have provided is not relevant to the context of this discussion and to the challenge Troxx presented to you in it (as has been explained to you multiple times by multiple posters).

Quote:
After the data was reviewed, a new claim was made that my data is invalid.
Your data is invalid because it is irrelevant, and this has already been stated to you multiple times by multiple people. Ignoring the facts will not make them go away hehe. I am also not sure why your posts would indicate that you think claiming that others have made claims (whether true or not) somehow changes the irrefutable fact that the only data you have provided is not relevant to the context of this discussion and to the challenge Troxx presented to you in it (as has been explained to you multiple times by multiple posters).

Quote:
That new claim needs evidence, or it remains an unfounded claim.
No. You seemingly continue to ignore irrefutable facts, and/or you seemingly misunderstand or (intentionally or otherwise) are misconstruing your true understanding.

Quote:
You do not get to just keep claiming "your evidence is wrong" without proof. Otherwise it doesn't matter how much data the other side provides, you can just keep making that argument indefinitely.
No. You seemingly continue to ignore irrefutable facts, and/or you seemingly misunderstand or (intentionally or otherwise) are misconstruing your true understanding. You have simply provided irrelevant data as has been explained to you multiple times by multiple posters. No further evidence is required - the posts are self-evident hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
No. You seemingly continue to ignore irrefutable facts, and/or you seemingly misunderstand or (intentionally or otherwise) are misconstruing your true understanding. You have provided irrelevant data as has been explained to you multiple times by multiple posters.

The post history is clear and viewable by all hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2022, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You need to provide evidence as to why my evidence is invalid.
This has been provided to you many times now. If you teleported to a different dimension where the sky was red and took a picture then came back and said "Here look at my evidence" it doesn't make it valid evidence for the claim that you're making. You claimed the sky was red in this dimension. Your claim is about shaman dps in a fast killing chain pulling group with 2+ charm pets. Your evidence is you soloing a mob. How the jesus fuck can you not understand this?

Old 09-06-2022, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is it deliberate?