Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2023, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if their beliefs are that you should be abused, neglected, or inconvenienced for the sake of their own simple desires to do whatever they please?

They should be loved and have compassion, they should also not be permitted to abuse other people.

We live in a world sadly that is FULL of evil and it is OUR RESPONSABILITY to protect ourselves and other Christians from this type of evil and abuse.

No one here is arguing that satanists should be tortured. They should be cared for and or excommunicated.
Satanists, Agnostics, Athiests and Me dont go around spreading the word of satan or nogod.

Most gender nonspecific people just get the fuck on with their lives HOPING some crazy christian person doesnt try to "save" them.
Granted, some lgbtq etc folk DO like to spread their word vociferously but the same can be said about christian types.
Conversely, many christians DONT constantly spread and force their beliefs on others. As it should be.

In short WE DONT NEED OR WANT YOU TO SAVE US OR TELL US WE ARE GUNNA BURN IN A FIERY PIT OF HELL.
We just dont care what ya dumb fictional book says.

What we do want is for you to feel good that you will be saved. And that you feel fullfilled in the knowledge you know something we dont.

We are pleased that you do, we just dont care that you do.
Last edited by Duik; 09-15-2023 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Phucking speeling
Old 09-15-2023, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

religion (when practiced in truth) does not seek to destroy the pillars of society

alphabet people believe that they need to burn down society, believing that they will rise from the ashes.

don't get confused.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

G-d and Jesus aren't space commies per see they still want people to do for themselves. Prime directive sorta. Just they don't see good in starvation and torture. They won't feed space druggies they send them to rehab facilities. Or refugee camps. All of which have super strict rules and limits on lifestyle. Hence you get all those idiots riding out to the frontier and becoming maquee instead of signing up as infrantry during the dominion wars. It's a mess. Butt it's not really the Federations fault.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

I would 100% have joined the Maquis.

Lieutenant Michael Eddington sums it up the best: Nobody leaves paradise, to the federation it's unthinkable.

Old 09-15-2023, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

I did have an epiphany today. As my natural birth sex G-d did give me all of the tools to be able to live a good life.

He also intended me to live this life full of desire to be the opossit sex and come to peace with that so that I could learn from it.

It is also blasphemy to reject G-ds creation and have disdain for it.

I'm glad I went through transition. Butt it wasn't at all a noble or good thing. And didn't bring me closer to G-d. Nor was it likely the best course of action for my life.

Is it a straight up sin? I would say really it depends on the individual and context. In most cases there are elements of sin in transitioning, pride, idolatry, jealousy, gluttony...

Is it unforgivable? No. A deadly sin? I don't think so.

I feel like anyone who becomes hyperfocused or obsessed with transition or not transition pro or anti, for or against in their lives and seek to dominate others to achieve their goals or desires? Well that is more sinful then actually transitioning or being gay or not just simply wanting nothing to do with gender studies or paying for hormones. Im pretty sure the Pope pretty much agrees..

So if you're every day suffering because trans ppl exist or not I urge you to go to church and pray to Jesus and the holy spirit. Not to get online and spend days or months googling horrors and throwing your life away with envy or fear or shame.

It's super important that you only pray to the holy trinity because you don't want demons answering your prayers and many demons masquerade as angels. It's also very important to ask for guidance in your prayers through the holy spirit. Especially if you're baptized.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with this.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would 100% have joined the Maquis.

Lieutenant Michael Eddington sums it up the best: Nobody leaves paradise, to the federation it's unthinkable.

I actually really loved that too and going back for the 3rd time I totally empathized with Eddington. He was a hero. Not an anti hero. An actual hero.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Eddingtons end is good

That scene makes him look like a bit of a brat. He's right tho about the Federation letting cardassians to the table and also the borg thing. He fully redeems any selfish desires for heriocs in the end.

I think they personally wanted people to misread Eddington and to struggle with that character. And sort of form their own opinions about him. So all intentional.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eddingtons end is good

That scene makes him look like a bit of a brat. He's right tho about the Federation letting cardassians to the table and also the borg thing. He fully redeems any selfish desires for heriocs in the end.

I think they personally wanted people to misread Eddington and to struggle with that character. And sort of form their own opinions about him. So all intentional.
imo its an allegory for the modern western world, it's completely unthinkable and abhorrent to the Federation that a group of people could choose to live without them.

anyone who doesn't wanna play the game with the big banks is considered an outsider, and therefore not allowed to exist.

just like Ruby Ridge, just like Waco, and to a degree, anyone like Trump.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

So a nuance to the maquis (thx for correcting me).
... a nuance to them I feel a lot of ppl miss is that they are indeed "yahoos" and terrorists and not the "best the universe has to offer". Butt (however) they are totally on the right side of history.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imo its an allegory for the modern western world, it's completely unthinkable and abhorrent to the Federation that a group of people could choose to live without them.

anyone who doesn't wanna play the game with the big banks is considered an outsider, and therefore not allowed to exist.

just like Ruby Ridge, just like Waco, and to a degree, anyone like Trump.
Yep